NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Under eye support  

RSS
FanaticMind

What are the factors that influence under eye support?

Does a wide arch have anything to do with it?

Does Pushing up on the maxilla improve it or pushing forward?

Posted : 04/01/2020 6:29 pm
FanaticMind

BUMP

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/01/2020 6:55 pm
Mewed

Cheeckbones are responsible for under eye support. Im afraid the tongue does nothing to upswing the maxilla or even protract it forward, its only for holding it there and expanding laterally. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/01/2020 9:26 pm
QuantumFizzix

@mewed

This is where chewing hard food comes into play, maybe not chewing mastic gum for 8 hours, but chewing harder food more often. Chewing mastic is helpful, but overdoing it puts to much strain on the jaw joints and can harm the face while giving it an unattractive upswing.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/01/2020 11:02 pm
FanaticMind

@mewed

I disagree, I have cheekbones but my eye support is non existant.

But they stop before they reach under the eyes.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/01/2020 2:08 am
Oatmeal
Trusted Member

I think while cheekbones do play an important role in the eye support, I think its also genetics as well.

I have little cheekbone projection and also seem to have mediocre eye support, so it might just be both idk?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/01/2020 9:34 am
Mewed

@quantumfizzix

I think mastic is only necessary if your diet is really soft, issue is people just dont chew food enough, u need to chew untill the food is absolute watery like, i dropped mastic gum few months ago and just started chewing my food more and it was enough. Like every time i have steak in front of me i see it as a workout basicly, i take small pieces and chew itensively like 20+ times and before i would literally chew it like 5-10 times and swallow it.

@FanaticMind

You probably just lack projection, or overall bone mass ( which is mostly genetic ).

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/01/2020 10:34 am
Oatmeal
Trusted Member

@mewed

I think cheekbones can still improve despite the maxilla not upswinging.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/01/2020 11:24 am
Elwynn
Trusted Member

@oatmeal

This happened to me. It's hard to say what mechanism is responsible for it, though.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/01/2020 1:21 pm

@fanaticmind

Gotta agree with you. If there's a feature of my face that is found in classically handsome men that's high and decently protruding cheekbones. Yet my undereye support is far from ideal (compared to Lachowski's for example who I consider to have an excellent undereye support).  With that being said, I believe that both the maxilla and cheekbones to some degree influence the undereye support. Personally, I have witnessed improvements in that regard. I can clearly remember that I've never had scleral show. In resting position my undereye contour has always 'touched' the outermost edge of the cornea, now the undereye countoour tends to stay something like a milimeter above the edge of the cornea. It's definitely an improvement and that's not because I squint or something.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/01/2020 5:13 pm
gewgerg

@fanaticmind

this is what I have; forward grown cheekbones but my lower eyelid kinda droops down

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/01/2020 1:58 pm
EddieMoney
Reputable Member

Palate expansion causes cheekbones to grow laterally, which makes them more prominent in a masculine way due to a wider face

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/01/2020 1:06 am
max iller
Eminent Member

lack of forward growth in the maxillary complex around the eyes is responsible for sleep lines and inner-eye support, zygos for the outer-eye.

I wonder how a strong brow and deep eyes/developed eyesockets help with the suns glare, I imagine it helps a lot.
Getting a look at how your brow shadows your eyes in the sun seems like a good indicator of growth

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/01/2020 6:28 am
EddieMoney
Reputable Member
Posted by: @maxiller

lack of forward growth in the maxillary complex around the eyes is responsible for sleep lines and inner-eye support, zygos for the outer-eye.

I wonder how a strong brow and deep eyes/developed eyesockets help with the suns glare, I imagine it helps a lot.
Getting a look at how your brow shadows your eyes in the sun seems like a good indicator of growth

Some people have little to no brow development yet their face seems overall healthy anyway. Look at Dwayne Johnson. His brow is almost non existent but his face has good development. 

https://ca-times.brightspotcdn.com/dims4/default/237b653/2147483647/strip/true/crop/1024x682+0+0/resize/840x559!/quality/90/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcalifornia-times-brightspot.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fdd%2F25%2Fbf2d9257609c19dca863b1ec519b%2Fla-mbernardin-1479317400-snap-photo

His cheekbones are decently developed based on his ogee curve. He also has a strong lower third and well developed mandible.

Actually many primitive humans who had ideal facial development had weak to no brow development. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/01/2020 10:25 am
Elwynn
Trusted Member

@eddiemoney

Actually many primitive humans who had ideal facial development had weak to no brow development. 

In addition to this, it could also be the phenotype. It seems to me that those of European ancestry tend to have more prominent brows, in general. Conversely, East Asians seems to have the least prominent brows. And Dwayne Johnson is mixed, if I'm not mistaken - with Samoan, African, and Irish ancestry.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/01/2020 3:24 pm
EddieMoney
Reputable Member
Posted by: @elwynn

@eddiemoney

In addition to this, it could also be the phenotype. It seems to me that those of European ancestry tend to have more prominent brows, in general. Conversely, East Asians seems to have the least prominent brows. And Dwayne Johnson is mixed, if I'm not mistaken - with Samoan, African, and Irish ancestry.

Europeans have the most bony prominence compared to Africans and Asians. They also have the longest maxillae and more incidence of overbites compared to other ethnic groups. May be because the mandible is larger? In this pic below you can see how European women have the most bony prominence vs Africans (shortest face) and Asians (middle level growth)

It may be phenotypical. Africans and Asians have weak brows but so do Cromagnon (early European) types. They are European yet their brow is weak to non existent

The nose bridge is weak which can make the brow seem heavy but really there is a lack of bony prominence in the brow. The jaw is heavily projecting though with prognathism. The face of this human is rather short compared to modern humans. Seems like humans look more primitive now vs back then. Our posture has gotten worse I am sure. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/01/2020 1:59 am