Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Totally different approach

darkindigo
Reputable Member

This is the weirdest, yet kind of coolest thing...   So... blocking the tongue's access to a highly arched palate may help to use the tongue to widen surrounding areas?  So strange.  So basically, a device like SLDA that kind of blocks the tongue from hitting the highest point.  It honestly kind of boggles my mind and kind of twists it into something weird.  I don't fully understand, but am open and getting there.  There are multiple tongue muscles.  Strengthening some of them may be needed.  I believe this depends on the age.... and there are many factors.  I just am not 100% sure yet.  I tend to like wireframe DNA.  That seems to make sense to me.  You kind of push on the areas that you want your tongue to go.  That makes sense.  I just had heard that the acrylic ones if left in and not doing anything...will shrink the palate.

Topic starter Posted : 02/07/2019 7:22 pm
TGW
 TGW
TGW Admin Admin

So rather than letting it fold into the upper palate, you block part of the upper palate so that an upwards pushed tongue ends up directing its force laterally?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/07/2019 10:10 am
bundfalke
Trusted Member

Why is this guy not banned yet?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/07/2019 5:15 pm