Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Tooth/jaw/ear pain  

RSS
Stonehead

Hi there, I’ve been mewing /keeping mouth shut pretty constantly for over 1.5 years. Sometimes I catch myself with mouth hanging open but it’s not as bad as in the past and I pretty immediately correct it. I can also keep it closed while sleeping and whenever under influence of caffeine which in the past would have caused bruxism, I now mew naturally. 

recently, after chewing a lot of gum, I often find myself in suction position which leaves my mouth looking lopsided and sucked in on one side - I have this irregular open bite still. But since I’ve been doing it a lot for past month or so I feel pain in my molars both on top and bottom (on the “open side”) as well as some ear pain on that side. Also my teeth seem to be changing position slightly which I notice while flossing. Gaps and angles get bigger and smaller every now and then. 

Do you think it’s normal in the process and have you experienced something similar? Could the non local molar pain come from the changing position and angle of the teeth? 

cheers! Good luck 

Posted : 13/07/2020 9:28 am
Eren liked
Topic Tags
Eren
 Eren

Something similar happened to me. Got ear ringing, jaw popping, & pain for a couple of weeks after I first started mastic gum (probably related to the tmj). I got serious results; my gonial angle reformed though it was asymmetrical & bothers me a lot now.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/09/2020 9:50 pm