Share:

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Tooth gap after 4 days of mewing  

RSS
voltaire
Eminent Member

I discovered this forum last year but my narrow, asymmetrical palate made mewing difficult and so I gave up on the pursuit. I came back with more tenacity last week. Keeping the tongue in contact with the palate was strenuous, and could not be maintained for more than 30 seconds a time. I pushed through a few days of lactic acid secretion and found my tongue had strengthened. 

For the last 4 days I have mewed diligently most of my waking hours. I push quite hard with my tongue, and so need to take breaks often. I still am unable to swallow correctly. My posture, I am sure, requires correction, as my entire body is asymmetrical for congenital reasons. And my tongue drops well before falling asleep. I've also been using my thumbs to "stretch" my palate. Maximal force for 10-20 seconds, several sets per day. I try to chew mastic gum for half an hour with an open mouth.

Earlier I looked in the mirror and noticed a gap in my incisors. Even a slight gap creates a distinct appearance that is impossible to attribute to poor memory. I was just about to order a palate expander, but by the time I receive it from Germany, I'd imagine it would be useless at this rate. 

For reference, I am 24m, and take 15mg of k2 m4 as well as 2IU of pharmaceutical grade growth hormone every day 🙂

Are these results typical or rather unbelievable? 

Posted : 15/05/2019 2:17 am
Roflcopters
Trusted Member

Don't do it. Mewing is about consistent, low pressure tongue posture. It isnt about strenuous continuous pressure with your tongue. Even if you got those result, they re temporary, if you don't keep putting higher and higher amounts of force with your tongue, you'll relapse NO DOUBT. I speak from personal experience. Tongue posture and maxillary position is directly correlated with body posture. I did what you are doing and it brought me a lot of awareness at the cost of big amounts of stress that only later I realized was because of my tongue overtraining and high cortisol levels due to THAT. It also put a big stress on my shoulders, cervical spine etc..If you want and need your palate expanded, I recommend you consult an open minded orthodontist that has an orthopedic and facial approach when practicing his job. Damon braces, Mse,  or whatever will do better, much better than putting your body and mind to huge amounts of stress for no profit. Mewing won't givé you results like you think it will. I see many peoplehere claiming they do this and that but there's never proof of anything. Go to an orthodontist. Ask for no teeth extractions. Ask for no retraction of the mandíbula and use the mechanical forces instead of your tongue if you want fast results. Mewing is for people that have patience 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/05/2019 6:51 am
Kex
 Kex
Posted by: Roflcopters

Don't do it. Mewing is about consistent, low pressure tongue posture. It isnt about strenuous continuous pressure with your tongue. Even if you got those result, they re temporary, if you don't keep putting higher and higher amounts of force with your tongue, you'll relapse NO DOUBT. I speak from personal experience. Tongue posture and maxillary position is directly correlated with body posture. I did what you are doing and it brought me a lot of awareness at the cost of big amounts of stress that only later I realized was because of my tongue overtraining and high cortisol levels due to THAT. It also put a big stress on my shoulders, cervical spine etc..If you want and need your palate expanded, I recommend you consult an open minded orthodontist that has an orthopedic and facial approach when practicing his job. Damon braces, Mse,  or whatever will do better, much better than putting your body and mind to huge amounts of stress for no profit. Mewing won't givé you results like you think it will. I see many peoplehere claiming they do this and that but there's never proof of anything. Go to an orthodontist. Ask for no teeth extractions. Ask for no retraction of the mandíbula and use the mechanical forces instead of your tongue if you want fast results. Mewing is for people that have patience 

I have a hard time believing that overtraining the tongue will spike cortisol. It's a tiny muscle.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/05/2019 11:27 am
Rockyp33
Reputable Member

IF you do hard mew just do it smart and do normal mewing too. IMO i just view it as a tongue strengthening exercise and it teachs the tongue to stick to the roof. What i think is bad about hard mewing is that you start to use other muscles in your face to support the force. So make sure your only pushing as hard as you can with your tongue right before the point you start using other facial muscles so its a tongue only excercise. i think keeping the tongue up has more to do with repetition than strength. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcI8CvoFxfQ do these excercises erveryday

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/05/2019 4:40 am
Roflcopters
Trusted Member

When you use your tongue, especially when you strengthen it, you end up using other muscles aswell. It does spike the cortisol levels after months on end. Hard mewing is stressfull and won't grant you the result you need and want, especially if your case is hard to treat and you lack the tongue space. Dr mike and john say it themselves. It takes YEARS to gain little expansion. Most of us are adults and your bones won't remodel no matter how hard you pushing your tongue up there. Look at regular braces that only target the teeth, they take years.

Bottom line is mewing is soft contact of your tongue on your palate, pretty much its non but good oral posture for a better body posture and airflow. Dont fool urselves thinking youll get bone remodelling doing hardmewing or face pulling with your fingers. Visit 1000 diff orthos if you have to.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/05/2019 11:33 am
voltaire
Eminent Member
Posted by: Roflcopters

When you use your tongue, especially when you strengthen it, you end up using other muscles aswell. It does spike the cortisol levels after months on end. Hard mewing is stressfull and won't grant you the result you need and want, especially if your case is hard to treat and you lack the tongue space. Dr mike and john say it themselves. It takes YEARS to gain little expansion. Most of us are adults and your bones won't remodel no matter how hard you pushing your tongue up there. Look at regular braces that only target the teeth, they take years.

Bottom line is mewing is soft contact of your tongue on your palate, pretty much its non but good oral posture for a better body posture and airflow. Dont fool urselves thinking youll get bone remodelling doing hardmewing or face pulling with your fingers. Visit 1000 diff orthos if you have to.

I appreciate your insight and will certainly give it thought. Consider, however, that I am using HGH and an extremely high dose k2. Both substances seem to increase bone mass without a stimulus. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/05/2019 1:36 pm
Share:

As you undergo correction in the near future, please consider keeping records for your own sake and for others. Pictures of dental impressions, scans, medical reports reports can be very helpful even with all personally identifying information blocked out.

Your input could help many, many people

Face Development

Working

Please Login or Register