Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Tongue Tip Position [IMAGE IN]

deep.thought

That's where those tongue positions feels to me.

Where is your tongue TIP?

Topic starter Posted : 16/04/2020 5:32 pm
Oatmeal
Trusted Member

feels more like blue to me, i think

try doing green and it hurts

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/04/2020 9:32 pm
EddieMoney
Reputable Member

Lower than green

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/04/2020 12:17 am
Kyte
 Kyte
Estimable Member

Red, or between red and blue

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/04/2020 10:55 am
NeverGiveup

green

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/04/2020 12:04 pm
harrykanemaxilla
Estimable Member

Red

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/04/2020 12:15 pm
Slinky
Trusted Member

Between green and blue 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/04/2020 1:22 pm
Azrael
Estimable Member

Between green and blue or at blue.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/04/2020 4:54 pm
harrykanemaxilla
Estimable Member

I wonder what part of the maxilla is best for the tongue tip to push and how pushing on each zone affects the maxilla, teeth and palette size. It seems like pushing at green would help widen the front pallet more but I find its more difficult to get the back of the tongue deep into the back pallet. Whenever I wake up my tongue tip is at green.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/04/2020 5:02 pm
jungerAdonis
Posted by: @azrael

Between green and blue or at blue.

same

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/04/2020 7:02 pm
sinned
Estimable Member

Green for me

@harrykanemaxilla

Imo, it should be whatever is comfortable for you. You should try simplifying mewing as much as possible, because that's how you'll be able to mew for large amounts of the day, complicating it by debating how and where the tongue should rest is futile. You need to have a simple cue for mewing and use a moderate amount of force that you can maintain throughout the day without too much mental effort or pain, personally my cue is to just push the tongue forward using a moderate amount of force, hard mewing takes too much mental effort and is painful for me therefore not sustainable.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/04/2020 10:31 pm
Elwynn liked
Azrael
Estimable Member
Posted by: @sinned

Green for me

@harrykanemaxilla

Imo, it should be whatever is comfortable for you. You should try simplifying mewing as much as possible, because that's how you'll be able to mew for large amounts of the day, complicating it by debating how and where the tongue should rest is futile. You need to have a simple cue for mewing and use a moderate amount of force that you can maintain throughout the day without too much mental effort or pain, personally my cue is to just push the tongue forward using a moderate amount of force, hard mewing takes too much mental effort and is painful for me therefore not sustainable.

Imo, it is really important to learn the proper site of tongue placement. Some people place their tip on the teeth and cause the teeth to tilt (helmutstrebl is the most well-known case). Mewing how you think is right is why most people don't see any results in the first place as they have no idea if what they are doing is actually right.

And self-correcting isn't hard, actually, if you have incorrect technique/placement. You just have to keep at it, and the correct placement becomes second nature, at least in my experience.

Hard mewing however, is indeed difficult, when it comes to doing it for extended periods of time. But perfecting it is probably the optimal way for accelerated results in adults, I think.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/04/2020 8:21 am
deep.thought

I think green is the right way. If you keep the tip in red or blue position then lips will push your teeth inward. If you have a correct lip seal, keeping tip on the green spot will give you a balanced allineament. Also blue position is too far back I think, as we know mandible follows tongue so if the tongue is dragged back than mandible will be too

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 18/04/2020 12:26 pm
RamonT
Trusted Member
Posted by: @deep-thought

That's where those tongue positions feels to me.

Where is your tongue TIP?

For me is red and green.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/04/2020 10:55 pm
Robbie343
Trusted Member

Green for me. At first I was just suction holding at the blue spot, but after thinking in regards to physics I didn’t see the reasoning in doing that. My Incisors need to be pushed forwards and up where they used to be. 

I now find that before bed I can’t help but push hard on the green spot. It feels like my tongue has a mind of its own and wants more forward space. I can’t help but hard Mew similar to what Helmet said in regards to difficulty falling asleep due to automated hard mewing. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/04/2020 12:39 am
EddieMoney
Reputable Member

I started at red when my tongue was weak. As I have progressed I got to blue, then green, and then lower. Takes practice though. Green requires strong muscle control. If you try it right away, your placement will be off most likely. If I tried green two years ago, my tongue would be very asymmetric in placement. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/04/2020 3:53 am
harrykanemaxilla
Estimable Member

The tip of my tongue is also weak and rests at red. I find that its easier to get the back of my tongue into my palette when I mew at the red spot because my palette is narrow. I also have a 6 front teeth retainer so I wonder exactly what mewing below green would do. The back of my palette has expanded but the front hasnt.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/04/2020 11:15 am