Share:

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Tongue Suction and Strange Nodes in the Back of the Throat  

RSS
Elwynn

I have two questions:

1. Much has been said on the subject of tongue suction, but should this suction be applied between the tongue and hard palate, tongue and soft-palate / throat, OR both? At the moment, I can induce suction between my tongue and hard palate, but I can rarely stick my tongue against the soft palate / throat and maintain the ability to breathe.

2. When I raise my tongue towards my soft palate, it rubs off against these sharp, hard nodes behind my second molars (I've had my third molars removed). My knowledge of anatomy is pretty poor, so I do not know what they are, but they feel like thin rib-shaped bones. Over the course of me pushing against them, I think that they have shifted outwards a bit (width-wise), giving my tongue a little more room in the back. But, they cause me discomfort. My tongue is sore from pressing against them, and the palatal tissue in their region is scraped. I hope I'm not making myself seem stupid by asking, by what are they? Are they some sort of vestiges from having my wisdom teeth extracted, or are they something else?

Thanks.

Posted : 15/10/2019 11:49 am
Topic Tags
Share:

Face Development

Please Login or Register