Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Tongue spreading/forcing the palate apart to widen maxilla/arch/zygos?  

RSS
Keengo
Trusted Member

I've been brainstorming over alternative ways to widen the palate. I've tried this new idea where I basically squeeze both sides of my tongue between each side of the dental arch, right above where the are, and kind of having the tongue spread itself and push hard in both directions/counterbalanced.

This isn't the same as just the kind of tongue movement with tongue push swallowing or just holding your tongue high up like a vacuum, but instead actively spreading the tongue right above the teeth between both sides of the tongue and trying to spreading/turn it and actively squish/squeeze it outwards and apply pressure this way.

This might be hard to understand, but maybe some others here get what I'm trying to illustrate here.

Just put one side of your tongue right above one side of your palate/teeth, then lift the other side up and try to squeeze the tongue outwards/spread it between this area hard like you're trying to actively "move" or "spread" the gap open by equally pushing/counteracting the forces between the sides of the tongue.

** The face pulling "bag method" -- https://the-great-work.org/community/main-forum/face-pulling/#post-3902 **

** Keengo Chin Tuck method w/force (WIP)-- https://the-great-work.org/community/main-forum/chin-tuck-with-added-force-chin-tuck-2-0-new-theory-inside/ **

Posted : 06/06/2018 9:29 pm
KXXK
 KXXK

isn't this hard to do? i can barely mew normally let alone this way..

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/06/2018 1:52 pm
EddieMoney
Reputable Member
Posted by: Keengo

I've been brainstorming over alternative ways to widen the palate. I've tried this new idea where I basically squeeze both sides of my tongue between each side of the dental arch, right above where the are, and kind of having the tongue spread itself and push hard in both directions/counterbalanced.

This isn't the same as just the kind of tongue movement with tongue push swallowing or just holding your tongue high up like a vacuum, but instead actively spreading the tongue right above the teeth between both sides of the tongue and trying to spreading/turn it and actively squish/squeeze it outwards and apply pressure this way.

This might be hard to understand, but maybe some others here get what I'm trying to illustrate here.

Just put one side of your tongue right above one side of your palate/teeth, then lift the other side up and try to squeeze the tongue outwards/spread it between this area hard like you're trying to actively "move" or "spread" the gap open by equally pushing/counteracting the forces between the sides of the tongue.

I do this. It works great

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/06/2018 3:35 pm
krollic
Reputable Member

I do it too along with thumb-pressing. It became much easier since I starting doing tongue exercises with gum. Mike has a few videos about it on his orthotropics channel.

We talk a lot here about making the masseter stronger but not enough about making the tongue stronger which I think is a mistake on our part. It aids in helping you keep constant pressure and it makes the tongue thicker vertically/horizontally via hypertrophy which helps substantially in expanding your intermolar width and palate height. I oftentimes wake up with my tongue in the roof of my mouth these days and I accredit it to my tongue strength more than jaw strength tbh

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/06/2018 7:19 pm
Keengo
Trusted Member
Posted by: EddieMoney
Posted by: Keengo

I do this. It works great

You do it 24/7 unconsciously (like mewing) or you do it with effort/segments?

I currently do it only in periods since it's not natural enough for me yet + my upper teeth aren't straight on both sides so I have to angle the tongue a weird way to fit in my palate correctly to do it.

I do it too along with thumb-pressing.

Is thumb pressing just using your fingers to push up on the palate area? I've tried that and heard people get "cracking" and sounds or it's supposed to break sutures but it never worked for me. I hurt the area pushing up extremely hard and tried on the hard tissue area and the soft tissue areas and nothing. Am I doing something wrong or missing some insider instructions here? You just push up or....??

** The face pulling "bag method" -- https://the-great-work.org/community/main-forum/face-pulling/#post-3902 **

** Keengo Chin Tuck method w/force (WIP)-- https://the-great-work.org/community/main-forum/chin-tuck-with-added-force-chin-tuck-2-0-new-theory-inside/ **

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/06/2018 12:53 am
krollic
Reputable Member

https://the-great-work.org/community/main-forum/frequent-low-tension-facepulling-a-potentially-effective-new-technique-for-adjusting-the-skull-by-hand/paged/1/

this thread has a lot of info about it. i typically do a firm but not super-hard pulsating/massaging motion pushing every direction outwards on my teeth/gumline/palate/ridges etc

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/06/2018 3:39 am
Abdulrahman
Reputable Member
Posted by: krollic

I do it too along with thumb-pressing. It became much easier since I starting doing tongue exercises with gum. Mike has a few videos about it on his orthotropics channel.

We talk a lot here about making the masseter stronger but not enough about making the tongue stronger which I think is a mistake on our part. It aids in helping you keep constant pressure and it makes the tongue thicker vertically/horizontally via hypertrophy which helps substantially in expanding your intermolar width and palate height. I oftentimes wake up with my tongue in the roof of my mouth these days and I accredit it to my tongue strength more than jaw strength tbh

Dr. Mew has been recently putting allot of emphases on strengthening the tongue and recommending this video allot:

https://youtu.be/ZNocCJNicrc

my story: http://www.aljabri.com/blog/my-story/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/06/2018 7:51 am