Forum

NOTICE:

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Tongue putting pressure on veins in neck?  

RSS
Avraks
(@avraks)

I remember seeing a lecture by Mike Mew, on his channel, about how he thought people with mild facial atrophy might develop Parkinson's and MS due to trying to keep proper posture. His theory was the facial atrophy might put pressure on the veins in the neck if you did not tilt your upper spine forward, and your head backwards. This would result in less blood reaching the brain.

I cannot find this video any more. Do any of you know which one I mean? I tried asking Mew about it, but never received a reply. It would seem the above applies to us, wouldn't it? We have mild (or serious?) facial atrophy, and try to keep correct posture.

When I mew (especially when I hard-Mew) I can feel movement underneath where my mandible takes a sharp turn. This is also where you can feel your pulse in the neck. The artery you feel is called the common carotid artery, and delivers blood to your brain.

-Could mewing put pressure on the common carotid artery (or other arteries in the neck), obstructing blood flow to the brain and eventually causing neurodegenerative diseases?

-Do any of you know where I can find the video I am talking about? Mew was talking about some Italian (I think?) researcher who was treating Parkinson's through injecting some small devices into the veins of the neck, keeping them open.

I am sorry if any of that was unclear. I'm rather exhausted at the moment.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/07/2018 1:09 pm
Avraks
(@avraks)

Here you go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQA67v9CWYY

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/07/2018 2:21 pm
Share:

As you undergo correction in the near future, please consider keeping records for your own sake and for others. Pictures of dental impressions, scans, medical reports reports can be very helpful even with all personally identifying information blocked out.

Your input could help many, many people

Face Development

Working

Please Login or Register