Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Tongue in roof visualization  

RSS
Wellwellwell

Hi! I’m kind of new to thia whole thing.

but I noticed that when I want to push the back of my tongue to the roof of my mouth what I do is:

imagine a samurai eith a broom stick inhis hand.  The samurai is trying to push the broom stick right below my jaw jnto my tongue.I tryto move my jaw upwards so the stick does not go in. Then eventually he manages to penetrate my jaw and sticks my tongue with the broom stick to the roof of my mouth.

When i imagine this I also manage to push hard at the back of my tongue.

I also noticed that it is amazing when I sleep on my back and actually even holds my head straight.

Can anyone try and tell me if that works or am I just crazy?

- Started soft mewing on 12 Feb 2019. Have not seen any real results or changes.
- Starting IMW: 35 mm
- Current IMW: 35 mm

Posted : 12/02/2019 9:04 pm
Calebfoo

Hi, I am also new to mewing and I have a hard time pushing the root of my tongue to the roof. I can only manage to get the tip of my tongue on the roof of my mouth. I've tried your method but I'm still struggling to do so. Any suggestions?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/02/2019 3:31 am
Wellwellwell

Get your phone and start recording with light on.

Now open your mouth and record the inside of your mouth.

Try to swallow with your mouth open and see that your back of the tongue is going up.

That is the position you should keep. Like half a swallow.

keep recording until you manage to stick the back of your tongue up.

- Started soft mewing on 12 Feb 2019. Have not seen any real results or changes.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/02/2019 7:38 am
DSaintsD liked
Calebfoo

Oh wow it actually worked!! Thanks for the help, now I can finally mew after struggling for almost 3 days trying to get my tongue up the roof. Still quite hard for me to stay at the position with my mouth closed. It'll fall off periodically and i have to readjust it. But overall, its a huge amount of progress!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/02/2019 8:34 am
Wellwellwell

Yeah so your tongue will getsteonger eventually and it wouldn’t be an issue

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/02/2019 10:20 am
suzybee

Thanks for the visualization. I found it very helpful! I also liked the half-swallow idea. Between the two, I think today will be my best mewing day yet!

BTW, I can't figure out how to post a question. Any hints on that?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/02/2019 11:24 am
Wellwellwell

Nice happy to help!

another thing I noticed that I feel when things go correctly is I actually feel my cheekbones expanding!

That usually happens when my tongue is position correctly and fully and I manage to put the weight of my head on my tongue.

This is done by straightening my neck so the weight is on my tongue instead of my neck.

the same feel can also happen if I push my back if the tongue hard (cheekbones feel like expanding)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/02/2019 1:13 pm