NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

to truly have that forward growth  

RSS
bosker123

Basically mewing while chin tucking and having a proper overall body posture all the time (this is more important than mewing, and this is why many people fail and dont get fast and good results). this will give you overtime that forward growth.
but you need to be carefull of a few things (also, yes some appliances and ''tricks'' can get you that forward growth too but we are here to talk about the best way which is natural and 100% safe)

chewing widens ur face (muscles first and overtime bones) and makes it more compact by applying force and pressure to the face, but has the ''ability'' to recesses some parts of ur face, this is why you need to mew always and swallow properly with proper body posture to balance this phsysics lol.
also this is very important, you dont have to chew every day for hours (not only because the risk of getting tmj and having tooth loss but because the muscle needs to rest and the bones and the face wont adapt properly if you stress them out all the time, the face can resist).
this is why hard mewing isnt 100% safe...
chewing mastik gum for 1 hour every 2 days is more than enough, you will see changes pretty soon, be patient.

now i know some people wont agree with me on this one; breathing with the nose is very important too but not as having proper body posture (yes there are people who mouth breath but still have good posture without mewing and/or only they mew when they dont mouth breath) maybe they just started now to mouth breath and didnt when they were kids, i dont know for sure but i will count this theory too.
i know a guy who mouth breathes most of the time, like when he talks, eats etc... but he doesnt have any kind of facial reccesion, he is around 16yo and he has a very good posture, way more than average. his torso is up and his shoulders and the neck are back while his pelvis sit in balance...

however to be perfect as possible, always breath with the nose, even when running , swimming or talking (a lot of people naturally breath with the nose while sprinting or doing any kind of exercise) it will be hard for some time but you will adapt easily and you wont ever will breath with your nose again.

the last thing i will talk now is about exercise, its chewing but in a bigger scale. exercise your whole body with a perfect posture never get too much weights and you dont even need like calisthenics, walk properly with your abs, swim and run properly, in the sand without shoes is the best way etc... train your neck properly i dont know what more to say and im tired lol

Posted : 03/05/2019 2:50 pm
scerif
Eminent Member

You think chewing can make an overbite worse?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/05/2019 6:58 pm
bosker123

chewing can improve an overbite as it will compact ur face by the pressure of ur lower jaw against the upper jaw. however it will make worse an overjet, if you dont have an overjet enjoy chewing and mewing as it will help you, just use proper body posture and you will be fine

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/05/2019 9:04 pm
scerif liked
darkindigo
Reputable Member

Chewing gum is a huge risk for TMD, dental intrusion and maxillary lift into precious nasal airway. Sorry! Even Dr. Mew wouldn't say to chew hard gum as much as you'd recommend.... and he's really out there TBH.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/05/2019 1:24 am
darkindigo
Reputable Member

Up is not always great... Look at Won Moon's work to lower a highly lifted maxilla with bad airway: https://the-great-work.org/community/main-forum/won-moon-patient-fixing-a-maxilla-jammed-up-high

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/05/2019 1:26 am
bosker123

i already explained how to chew properly and how to avoid common issues as dental loss and tmj etc... what you say about dr mew is bs lol. just dont over-do-it and you will be fine.

about your second reply, i never claimed up forces to be always great and and i dont even know what has to do with my post, but still i dont care about very random and weird anormalities that some people have, cause for me and the rest of the 95% of the people up forces are benefitial...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/05/2019 1:34 pm
bundfalke
Trusted Member

@darkindigo

"Up is not always great... Look at Won Moon's work to lower a highly lifted maxilla with bad airway"
This is the first time in my life i see a person with a face that is too short.
The vast majority of people have long and recessed faces, not short ones. This case report isnt fitting for most people

@bosker123
The guy talks non-sense all the time. In 8 out of 10 of his posts i dont even know what hes trying to say.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/05/2019 2:31 pm
Violet liked
bosker123

lol maybe he is just a troll
anyways lets just keep going, i believe this is a good topic and i dont want it to be wasted on such random things.

one thing i forgot to add is to chew without our mouth open so only our lower jaw makes the job and the exercise, close mouth chewing can make the philtrum longer.

also try to seat on chairs as short as possible, instead sit on the floor, same with sleeping, sleep without pillow and on the floor or a hard surface

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/05/2019 2:42 pm
bosker123

sorry my bad i meant to chew WITH our mouth open, not without. and i dont why this site doesnt let me edit nor reply or quote others posts, its just keeps on ''working'' for ever...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/05/2019 2:44 pm
scerif
Eminent Member

@bosker123 How to chew correctly? To correct an overbite, is it advisable to chew more with the incisors than with the molars?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/05/2019 6:02 pm
bosker123

exactly, because you want your incisors to be upwards, however dont only do your incisors, do your molars too. and dont over-do-it, this will take some time, it wont happen in 3 days. chew with your mouth open, moving and exercising only your lower jaw with natural movements without being to tense or being very forced. also with proper posture and chin tucked in etc...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/05/2019 6:51 pm
scerif liked
drunkwithcoffee
Trusted Member

Yes! These are my *exact* thoughts recently regarding posture. My new theory is that beginners should forget about tongue posture and focus on full body posture FIRST.

When your chin tuck is on point, your tongue falls into place by itself anyway.

And yes darkindigo is the resident troll here lol

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/05/2019 12:01 am
bosker123

totally! people should focus first on fixing their overall body posture, that will fix itself chin tucking and mewing without the need to force it as it will come naturally.
for myself i just put my shoulders back as far as i can while putting my torso up (not breathing in like a pimp or a bodybuilder tryng to show off) and my face chin tucks naturally...
lol i knew he is, nice to talk to you anyways

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/05/2019 12:00 pm
bundfalke
Trusted Member

I can tuck my chin in as hard as possible, it doesnt move my tongue even a inch.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/05/2019 7:04 pm
bosker123

two reasons then: first could be you dont know how to. which is very improbable. second reason would be that you are so recessed it doesnt even have an imopact on it lol

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/05/2019 7:33 pm
mewchell

teaching posture before mew in my book is putting the cart before the horse. When I had built up more tongue strength better posture came more naturally, but always be aware of the habits that caused your bad posture, I recently realised that using my laptop on my bed was a large part of why my posture got so bad

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/05/2019 11:44 pm
ForTheFuture

Laptops in general are a very bad idea for posture.

Laptops not only force you to hunch over to type, the screen will also be far too low down, making it less natural to sit with a straight back with the head pointing forward.

Considering how many hours we spend every day sitting in front of screens, I think it is very important to correct this in order to improve progress (and even save your back from pain later on in life)

If possible, engaging the core to stabilize yourself is better than using the back rest, planks and practice can make this come more naturally.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/05/2019 10:29 am
bosker123 liked
drunkwithcoffee
Trusted Member
Posted by: mewchell

teaching posture before mew in my book is putting the cart before the horse. When I had built up more tongue strength better posture came more naturally, but always be aware of the habits that caused your bad posture, I recently realised that using my laptop on my bed was a large part of why my posture got so bad

For me it's the opposite.  My poor posture was caused by weak neck and back muscles, which chin tucking and back bends have completely fixed.  No amount of tongue posture would've enabled me to have good body posture, whereas now that my body posture is impeccable, I have a significantly easier time holding good tongue posture.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/05/2019 8:20 pm
bosker123

as drunkwithcoffee says, that is the most common issue with people. they think the root of their problem is that they stopped mewing and also thing mewing will fix all their problems... funny but its the other way around, most of us aint mouth breathers and we stopped mewing because of our bad posture. like i explained before, bad posture (doesnt matter which one, if its not great then things arent gonna be great) will lead to unbalanced forces plus a lot of more  stuff   that im too lazy to explain, so in the end this and that makes u stop putting ur tongue on the roof, and some more bad things...

best way to mew is to correct ur posture first, it will make mewing way more easier if it doesnt come naturally like it did with me. in the end this is how our body should have been this whole time, this problems that we are experiencing shouldnt exist in the first place... 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/05/2019 9:19 pm
TGW
 TGW
TGW Admin Admin

@bosker123 

Don't try to go around the language filter. Don't use rude language

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/05/2019 9:38 pm
bosker123

ok im not gonna argue

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/05/2019 11:05 pm
Tatsumi
Posted by: bosker123

as drunkwithcoffee says, that is the most common issue with people. they think the root of their problem is that they stopped mewing and also thing mewing will fix all their problems... funny but its the other way around, most of us aint mouth breathers and we stopped mewing because of our bad posture. like i explained before, bad posture (doesnt matter which one, if its not great then things arent gonna be great) will lead to unbalanced forces plus a lot of more  stuff   that im too lazy to explain, so in the end this and that makes u stop putting ur tongue on the roof, and some more bad things...

best way to mew is to correct ur posture first, it will make mewing way more easier if it doesnt come naturally like it did with me. in the end this is how our body should have been this whole time, this problems that we are experiencing shouldnt exist in the first place... 

I think correcting posture isn't enough. We have to fix myosynizesis of omohyoid by massage or myofascial release.

For some reason, people who have tongue problem also have omohyoid displacement.

The original position of omohyoid has a V shape

A dysfunction position of omohyoid has a straight line.

It seems like omohyoid and other hyoid related muscles are hard to get better naturally because there are not enough antagonistic muscles. When shrink muscles recover, they need antagonistic muscles.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/05/2019 11:08 pm
bosker123

thats why chin tuck is very important, when you chin tuck your hyoid and other muscles get down and by stretching your face against your neck it helps later by making easier to place themselves on their natural position, however most people dont really have this problem in a extreme way, so by just doing what we said before should be enough

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/05/2019 2:51 pm
CristinaRose

I started Mewing in 2017 and have good results so far.  First it was hard to get my tongue up to the roof of my mouth.  5 months later I had my tongue tie removed (wow!), tongue muscles in time have grown stronger.  It's a  process and little by little you realize you can do something more.  Right now I'm working on correcting my life-long issue of poor posture.  Good tongue position makes a difference.  It's easier to maintain a good posture position.  It all works together. 

I can wear hairstyles again that for many years did not look good with my face before.  I see old pictures (pre-mewing days) and decide not to share them with friends because I can see the difference in my posture and face. 

My question is, I'm just not too crazy about the hard gum thing.  I'm not crazy about tongue chewing but I do it a couple times a week anyways.  I try to eat more crunchy raw vegetables and fruit, nuts, etc. 

Since this post is about posture being the greater importance, what are your thoughts just using regular chewing gum in place of the hard gum? Along with focusing on good posture more.  I do hard mew, by the way.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/05/2019 4:47 pm
bosker123

just my 2 cents, its completely fine, its going to work the same as we say above in the post, it may take you some more time as the regular gum is way more softer etc... but i rather use a natural gum (resin tree) than a toxic gum with added sugars and more  unnatural things that aint healthy, this will take care of your teeth and mouth health.

also i recomend the use of ''miswak'' for cleaning the mouth and teeth instead of the toxic toothpaste with fluor that most people use

now about hard mewing, it is fine when you are starting so your tongue will get stronger faster, this works like an exercise. however if you keep pushing your tongue as hard as you can against the roof all the time, this cant be too good, as we said before, the body does resist against this type of pressure and forces, if you only do it from time to time then it may be beneficial, tho i rather dont risk it...

in the end, just focus on your posture and mewing, eating and drinking well and properly, doing good exercises and breathing correctly plus the other things that we said before and you will be good.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/05/2019 6:58 pm