Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

To give up or not to give up?

ulicnihodac

I've been mewing since December and I see no results. I'm just more irritated by often looking myself in mirror and seeing all my flaws. Don't know what to do now.

Topic starter Posted : 27/05/2018 4:25 pm
Rockyp33
Reputable Member

I feel you man it’s very difficult I’ve been doing for almost a year and I just realized I was doing it in a bad way for a long time. Just try to read as many articles as you can on it and learn and apply it to yourself. Post ur situation on here and people will help you a lot

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/05/2018 4:41 pm
krollic
Reputable Member

what were you doing wrong, rocky?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/05/2018 5:01 pm
Skull
Trusted Member

The rules are simple but maybe difficult to perfect.

Lips seales, teeth closed softly. Now the tongue is the hard part, you basically try to spread all your tongue on the roof of your mouth, the tip of your tongue just above the root of your front teeth and the rest of the tongue follows to stick to the roof, trying to reach as far back as possible, try to touch your uvula with your back tongue, besides this you must spread your tongue sidewards, pushing your side teeth and molars. Pushing soft upwards, thats all.. and when you swallow don't use your cheeks, only your tongue, in a wavy movement

Oh and chew bubble gum hardly, every day 1-2hours, to develope the jaw

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/05/2018 2:32 pm
ulicnihodac

I didn't chew a gum. Is one Airwaves chewing gum enough to get a good jawline?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 28/05/2018 3:55 pm
ulicnihodac

While having my tongue pushing the palate I can never be fully relaxed. Do you feel like this too?

Has anyone of you guys had some forward growth?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 28/05/2018 3:58 pm
EddieMoney
Reputable Member
Posted by: ulicnihodac

While having my tongue pushing the palate I can never be fully relaxed. Do you feel like this too?

I have definitely had advancement. 

Are you able to reach your incisive papilla? Also, is all of your tongue on the roof of your mouth? Or just some 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/05/2018 5:30 pm
ulicnihodac

yes, I can reach it. I cannot be sure if I placed it just on hard palate or is it pushing my soft palate.

But for self-check, I do a big swallow so the tongue blocks the airway and I just  put the back down so I can breath. Is that good?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 28/05/2018 6:20 pm
Skull
Trusted Member

yes, I can reach it. I cannot be sure if I placed it just on hard palate or is it pushing my soft palate.

But for self-check, I do a big swallow so the tongue blocks the airway and I just  put the back down so I can breath. Is that good?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/05/2018 11:46 pm
Skull
Trusted Member

According to Dr Mew you don't need to press against the roof, a suction position is enough, but I've always tried to mantain a light preassure with the tongue even though sometimes I'm not conscious about it and my tongue just stays there in a suction position. If you're starting of course you will feel your tongue its not relaxed but in arpund 2 weeks in your tongue will get used. 

And yes, I have had results. Forward, sideways and upper growth, my eyes have a better base to rest now, the changes may not be drastic but they are noticeable, I'm 5 months in, hope to improve everyday

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/05/2018 11:51 pm
Skull
Trusted Member

I also swallow to bring my tongue up as well, I dont move the back of my tongue for the air flow, I simply breath and the tongue automatically moves

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/05/2018 11:54 pm
EddieMoney
Reputable Member

Yeah I like to pulse my tongue on my palate to feel all the palate. This way I test whether the tongue has lost contact. But swallowing helps too.

Also, have you taken progress photos? From looking at myself I may appear to look the same but from seeing pics from the winter is it clear changes have occurred in areas where many might not notice changes. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/05/2018 4:33 pm
ulicnihodac

I took some photos in February. I'll take new ones tommorow. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 29/05/2018 4:46 pm