Forum

Please Note: The Users of this site are not engaged in rendering professional advice or services to the individual reader. The ideas, procedures, and suggestions contained within this work are not intended as a substitute for examination by your medical practitioner.

Thoughts on FAGGA appliance?  

RSS
Amber12
(@amber12)
Eminent Member

Someone posted this on BTM

Incredible.

Hi everyone

I thought I'd let you know about an appliance and accompanying technique that is being used to gain 6-8mm of forward growth of the maxilla, INCLUDING the rear molars. The growth doesn't just occur in a forward direction either, but seems to expand the entire bone structure of the face and skull.

The technique is starting to be explored more in the mainstream through the LVI (Las Vegas Institute) training facility, as well as with some Australian dentists. I believe the appliance they use (FAGGA appliance: Fixed Anterior Growth Guidance Appliance), as well as the braces system (Controlled Arch) originates with the US dentist Steve Galella though.

Here's a case study out of Australia which details the process.

http://www.robinatowndental.com/blog/article/jaw-expansion-without-surgery.html

I created a GIF to show her before and after growth.

We may well be on the precipice of some big breakthroughs in the world of facial growth aesthetics. Interesting times.

It basically PROVES that forward growth is possible in adults. If there is a forward push, the entire face moves forward. 🤗 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/01/2018 8:07 pm
Amber12
(@amber12)
Eminent Member

Attached image since the imgur ones go down

Can you please make it so that we can edit our posts TGW? The option goes away after a few minutes
ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/01/2018 2:15 pm
Amber12
(@amber12)
Eminent Member
Posted by: Miandra

This is what I've found out so far through talking to various orthodontists using this appliance.

Where are you finding them? When I google it the only people offering are one in Australia (who made the comparison pic) and the original doctor from Texas

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/01/2018 3:23 pm
irmathurma
(@irmathurma)
Eminent Member

Does this prove that mewing and proper tongue posture CAN move the face forward? 90% of the resistance to the idea seems to be that adult skulls do not change. This proves that completely false.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/01/2018 8:57 am
Thor91
(@thor91)

You can look at the https://www.lviglobal.com/     Website for a LVI Doctor that has taken the Full Face Orthodontic Course.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/01/2018 12:54 pm
Danielle
 Danielle
(@Danielle)

I'm beginning this process soon through Dr. Buck who teaches the course at LVI.  Dr. Anne-Maree Cole is an LVI dentist in Australia. I believe that is whom your referring to.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/02/2018 11:32 am
TGW
 TGW
(@admin)
TGW Admin Admin
Posted by: Danielle

I'm beginning this process soon through Dr. Buck who teaches the course at LVI.  Dr. Anne-Maree Cole is an LVI dentist in Australia. I believe that is whom your referring to.

We'd all be extremely interested in hearing about your progress Danielle! Keep us updated please  😀 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/02/2018 3:01 pm
paradise
(@paradise)
Posted by: Danielle

Hi Danielle, have you started the treatment with Dr. Buck? I am also in the area and interested in the process. How has your experience been so far?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/06/2018 4:54 am
EddieMoney
(@eddiemoney)
Honorable Member

Going to be honest and say I can't justify 10k for a bimax device. All I see in these before afters is lips becoming puffy. No gonial angle changes or other positive changes. Waiting on pics where more than teeth shifting happened. And if they are shifting bone the results look unfavorable. Won't hold my breath though.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/06/2018 12:20 pm
Share:

As you undergo correction in the near future, please consider keeping records for your own sake and for others. Pictures of dental impressions, scans, medical reports reports can be very helpful even with all personally identifying information blocked out.

Your input could help many, many people

Face Development

Working

Please Login or Register