Share:

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Theory on Retainer Use  

RSS
keleidoscope
(@kaleidoscope)

I have been mewing consistently for several weeks and seen dramatic improvements overall. I'm 17 and have endured several years of orthodontic "work" (braces). My only concern with mewing is that my lower teeth are shifting due to not wearing my retainers at night like my orthodontist advises. I was thinking that since mewing only expands the maxillary arch that wearing a bottom retainer (only at night) would have no effect on my mewing progress. I do not want my teeth to get anymore crooked. What do ya'll think about this? Any advice helps. Thank you! 🙂

Posted : 04/03/2019 8:46 pm
darkindigo
(@darkindigo)
Reputable Member

What's your IMW?  See http://orthotruth.com/whats-up/january-15th-2019   Honestly, if you had ortho, I would shut down your computer and never have anything to do with Mewing.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/03/2019 9:32 pm
EddieMoney
(@eddiemoney)
Reputable Member
Posted by: darkindigo

What's your IMW?  See http://orthotruth.com/whats-up/january-15th-2019   Honestly, if you had ortho, I would shut down your computer and never have anything to do with Mewing.

What if ortho made your skull worse? It certainly did for me. Mewing has restored my face a bit. Lots more work to do, but mewing is a way better option than orthodontics many times.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/03/2019 10:41 am
oatmeal
(@oatmeal)
Eminent Member
Posted by: EddieMoney
Posted by: darkindigo

What if ortho made your skull worse? It certainly did for me. Mewing has restored my face a bit. Lots more work to do, but mewing is a way better option than orthodontics many times.

What about mewing with braces?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/03/2019 10:55 am
mr.mewing
(@mr-mewing)
Trusted Member

do you think mewing with upper and lower fixed retainers on 6 teeth will slow down the progress?

i think in forwards grow no but in expansion yes because of the fixed retainer is on the last canine so that makes expansion hard

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/03/2019 11:12 am
Share:

As you undergo correction in the near future, please consider keeping records for your own sake and for others. Pictures of dental impressions, scans, medical reports reports can be very helpful even with all personally identifying information blocked out.

Your input could help many, many people

Face Development

Working

Please Login or Register