Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

The most advanced case of CFD/correct facial growth is a necessary factor for a normal human life rant.

14 Posts
8 Users
4 Likes
Johan Liebert
(@johan-liebert)
Topic starter

I consider myself the most advanced case of CFD here in the forum, I have the starting pictures but I haven´t upload them due to shame, the lack of progress to show any difference, and fear that somebody might take the pics for other forum and make fun of it. This whole CFD thing has gotten to the point where I don´t go out , I´ve been in my apartment for a year and only go out the door to receive groceries (I work from home so it´s not really a problem financially at least) It´s been about 4 months since I started mewing and I have zero results from it, just pain and tongue sores at the sides, my palate is ridiculously narrow and my tongue is quite weak, this has affected also my speech and breathing through my nose is tedious.

Nobody in my famiy thinks there´s something wrong with my face, they say is just genetics (they being all very attractive with a great forward growth) they just say I have a weird face and that I should accept it.

I believe the identity of a human being is constructed trough appearance judgements, in other words, in this society we are what we look like and nothing else, what you do and how you behave is a rather small part when considering the importance of how people perceive your looks, especially when it comes to something inherent like proper facial growth. Instead of separating appearance from essence we could say that the essence of a human being is the appearance of it, I am what I look like, and I look like shit. 

Keep in mind this is just when it comes to the collective aspect of humanity, I feel tranquil and at ease being by myself, working, meditating, reading, but if I go out, I can notice the differences between me and another human, I just don´t look like them, and some people notice it too and they stared at me like if I was a circus monkey, I can pretend to be confident, to not care, I can likely make friends and have a “normal” life, but deep inside in my genome if you will, I can feel physically inadeaquate, this of course not being the case with an “ugly” person with proper facial growth (which I don´t think exist) everybody with correct facial growth can be average looking or above with some obvious exceptions like scars or deformities due to accidents. But where am I? I am not even in the whole range of 1-10 on looks, how can I if I don´t even have a recognizable face.

This was only for venting purposes, if you read it thank you and I am sorry. I don´t think someone else can think so much of this because their case is not that bad, I have seen all the pictures and everyone starts with a fairly decent facial structure, I will just hold the belief that someday I can take some other pictures and see real noteworthy progress and upload them and perhaps be of motivation for someone else.  

Posted : 24/04/2018 10:20 pm
Abdulrahman
(@abdulrahman)

If your case is as bad as you describe then surgery might be the correct rout, provided you follow it up with consistent mewing to avoid relapse.

I just want to point out that facial appearance effects first impression, but your demeanor effects how people treat you in the long run.

my story: http://www.aljabri.com/blog/my-story/

Posted : 24/04/2018 11:19 pm
TGW
 TGW
(@admin)
Admin

Posted by: Abdulrahman

If your case is as bad as you describe then surgery might be the correct rout, provided you follow it up with consistent mewing to avoid relapse.

I just want to point out that facial appearance effects first impression, but your demeanor effects how people treat you in the long run.

This is an open response to all forum users:

Rapid advances in non-surgical methods of restoring proper facial development are just around the corner. I would not recommend anyone undergo surgery for 90% of medical issues and 0% of aesthetic issues at this time. Playing lego with the body is a band-aid solution and far inferior to physiologically restoring yourself to ideal growth patterns. 

Maintaining patience and correcting your body posture instinctually is something that will slowly but surely give you results.

Bioblock Appliance, DNA appliance, ALF, Myobrace etc have all been proven to show noticeable changes in facial structure physiologically. 

From my best understanding: Increasingly rapid devices for of expansion/correction will be more widespread soon. Coupling these with treatments such as craniosacral therapy, physiotherapy, or osteopathy will further speed this up, potentially being able to physiologically fix even terrible cases completely in just 2-3 years of physiological growth. Less for most

But once you get surgery I don’t see any way of restoring proper physiological growth in the part of the body which has been cut-and-pasted. Physiological change happens through all different parts of the body at the same time. The shape of your skull informs everything from how your toes rest, your pelvis sits, your spine curves, and your brain functions. The whole system changes gradually, and breaking and moving a piece could seriously damage the ability for future psychological restoration and growth. 

Definitely hold out for a few years before getting surgery. Always work on muscle posture, purchase a proven device now to speed things up, and hold out until better devices/methods either come into our awareness or onto the market. 

Posted : 25/04/2018 12:03 am
ayla mao, voltaire, ayla mao and 1 people reacted
Abdulrahman
(@abdulrahman)

Here Dr. Mike Mew addresses this question specifically with the answer: yes surgery can be useful in some cases if followed by orthotrpics. It was posted Dec 2014, that’s 3.5 years ago, so I think it still valid view on behalf of Dr. Mew unless something major has changed?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBVej45NXE4

As for the effects of surgery, there is a shift today to using distraction osteogenesis mainly to avoid bone scaring that you are alluding to. Distraction is giving results that are almost impossible to detect after healing and with better stability than traditional surgeries using bone grafting.  

Posted : 25/04/2018 1:59 am
Johan Liebert
(@johan-liebert)
Topic starter

I was thinking about surgery but then I thought if the results would be the same as if fixing the problem at its root through correct function/posture, by seeing some pictures of maxillofacial surgery I can see somehow “superficial” results as the one in the pic attached I only see a correction in the jaw area and chin projection while zygomatic and maxilla are still noticeably flat and recessed unlike the changes I have seen in this forum with only mewing and some appliances you can see a significant change in overall facial structure including cheekbones, mandible, maxilla and even forehead. Also I read maxillofacial surgery can be quite tedious, I don´t know if I would like to go through that.

Maxillofacial surgery

Posted : 25/04/2018 5:55 am
Johan Liebert
(@johan-liebert)
Topic starter

The same goes with the girl in this pic, mandible moved forward yet all of her face is still recessed.. 

yHYnDYC

Posted : 25/04/2018 5:58 am
Abdulrahman
(@abdulrahman)

I agree those results are not great in absolute terms, but they are in relative terms. Looking at where the patients started they have improved allot and now they can use this new condition to improve further, provided of course they did not develop any bone scaring in the surgery. Traditional surgeries use bone grafting which creates scaring and that disrupts the natural bone structure and limits remolding. In such case you are left stuck with what you have and if you relapse good luck. 

Posted : 25/04/2018 6:26 am
healthyfacehealthylife
(@healthyfacehealthylife)

@Johan Liebert do you have any other symptoms with your CFD? back pain, neck pain, etc?

Posted : 30/04/2020 3:28 am
Maxillary Impacted
(@maxillary-impacted)

Posted by: @abdulrahman

I agree those results are not great in absolute terms, but they are in relative terms. Looking at where the patients started they have improved allot and now they can use this new condition to improve further, provided of course they did not develop any bone scaring in the surgery. Traditional surgeries use bone grafting which creates scaring and that disrupts the natural bone structure and limits remolding. In such case you are left stuck with what you have and if you relapse good luck. 

Scar tissue heals though, yes?

Posted : 30/04/2020 12:58 pm
healthyfacehealthylife
(@healthyfacehealthylife)

@Johan Liebert How can you meditate with severe CFD… I think I have the most severe case of CFD on this forum, it has impacted every moment of my life. I cannot walk and talk functionally. I have pains on my body because of my severe CFD. I have seen another person with more severe CFD than me. I was at her point one time but I then discovered harm mewing. In the beginning only the tip of my tongue could fit in my mouth, now I have alot more tounge space and I feel my body is a little bit healthier, but I’m a long road away, I have to keep hard mewing daily, I try to every minute of they day…

Posted : 06/05/2020 1:00 am
theadonisking
(@theadonisking)

Posted by: @johan-liebert

I was thinking about surgery but then I thought if the results would be the same as if fixing the problem at its root through correct function/posture, by seeing some pictures of maxillofacial surgery I can see somehow “superficial” results as the one in the pic attached I only see a correction in the jaw area and chin projection while zygomatic and maxilla are still noticeably flat and recessed unlike the changes I have seen in this forum with only mewing and some appliances you can see a significant change in overall facial structure including cheekbones, mandible, maxilla and even forehead. Also I read maxillofacial surgery can be quite tedious, I don´t know if I would like to go through that.

Maxillofacial surgery

Keep in mind this guy had poor overall body posture/neck posture in the before pic, so less drastic difference in profile due to that.

Look at my profile, i was treated in posturology and don’t have forward head posture which makes my recession worse looking but at least i don’t have any TMD or neck pain lmao

pic when 6-7 years old lol

16176619 10154146075661969 101643810 n

Posted : 06/05/2020 8:14 pm
Robbie343
(@robbie343)

@theadonisking

Has you recession gotten progressively worse or has it stayed almost the same after your growth stopped? 

Posted : 06/05/2020 8:47 pm
theadonisking
(@theadonisking)

Posted by: @robbie343

@theadonisking

Has you recession gotten progressively worse or has it stayed almost the same after your growth stopped? 

Got worse from headgear and braces from 11-15, stable since i’m 16 i would say, maybe a bit worse, i’m 32 now. But while in orthodontic treatment i saw an orthophonist to correct my tongue thrust so that probably helped, now my tongue always rests on the “spot” but i can’t really mew because palate is steep and can’t get the mid tongue to rest on it and create a suction hold.

Posted : 06/05/2020 9:57 pm
Dimitris
(@dimitris)

@theadonisking my side profile is even worse imo 

Posted : 07/05/2020 6:42 pm

THE GREAT WORK