Forum

A face and skull development community. To send personal messages to other community users or check your own messages: Click on their username and then click on their “site profile” link

The Little, Extra Habits and Changes?  

(@gjenopp)

Hi.
Let me say that I am thankful for this forum.
It’s such a nice place to turn to; I appreciate all of you here — those in this endeavor to... to improve.

my question to you:

Mike Mew in his Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency lecture on YouTube...
mentions “other small steps” to take.
1001 small changes, he calls them. 
You can see it on the slide at 41:16 in that particular video where it reads, “(shoes to hard bed, work station to exercise)”

The shoes you wear, the type of bed (something closer to ancestral habits likely, right?)
The height of your work station and computer screens etc and exercises.

And alllll the other lifestyle changes we can make to further the forward growth and change.

Now beyond mewing and chewing,
Searching through his channel,

I’ve seen him talk about ...

toe spreaders and then mention the Vivo shoes in the same video.
And then there’s the video about Walking habits — The Ab’s walk.
Those fall into the realm of small steps to me (get it? Ayyyy )

But there’s more. I don’t know them. I don’t know the whole list!!

Do you? Let’s discuss.

Do you have any of your own small habits you’ve liked or looked into on your journey? Products? Other things.
What do you recommend?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/01/2018 10:20 am
(@gjenopp)

Work In Progress. I will add more, general concepts ideas as I go along - if that is okay with you/the mods.

It would only be fair if I offered some. Some I've tried. Some I've considered. Some I've just heard about.

Well..

I've been told that increasing the length of our stride, as we walk helps with the spine and alignment. 

I'm going to try a cheaper toe spreader designed for running/yoga. 

POSTURE, WHOLE BODY POSTURE,
So the concepts we are adhering to dictate that skeletal development and our growth has been molded over time by our habits, our posture, our muscles.  For many correcting all of it is necessary to move forward in this growth and upswing we are seeking,  So I felt it fair to add in at least some words on working the postural side of things, the muscular side of things.
If whole body posture is your thing:

Typical tonic (overly tight, shorter) muscles include -- Neck extensors. Levator, Scalenes, Pecs, Lumbar Extensors, Hip Flexors, Hamstrings, Abductors, Gastroc Soleus.
Phasic (weaker, longer) muscles -- Neck flexors, Lower trapezius/rhomboid, lower abs, pelvic /pelvic floor, gluteus maximus, vastus medialus, vastus lat, anterior tibialis,

There are cervical pillows that I haven't tried. Keeping a pillow between your knees has been recommended at one point if you sleep on your side.

Myofascial release, that is worthwhile.  Consider that as part of your treatment of neck and sorts for that postural.

Apparently Vitamin D and Vitamin K combine to create tight muscles? Anyone confirm this?
Whereas magnesium is important for causing muscles to relax. Is muscle balancing/rehabilitation part of your journey in Ortho? Consider that. Epsom salt baths will supply some magnesium outside of diet or supplementation

Edited: 2 weeks  ago
ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/01/2018 12:21 pm Apollo liked
(@apollo)
Eminent Member

Push swallowing technique

Mckenzie chin tuck

Eating slowly and thoughtfully

Holding devices at about eye level

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/01/2018 1:49 am Angelina liked

Leave a reply

Working

Please Login or Register

For research and dissemination I will be collecting in this community the adult expansion, cranial adjustment, NCR, and face-pulling results. I implore our community users to keep accurate records for themselves and others; these can include dental/palate impressions, before/after pictures, X-Rays and 3D scans.

The purpose of this collection is for use as evidence for theories proposed here. This collection will only be re-posted on this community and will not be submitted anywhere else.

For those looking into expansion and movement in the near future, please consider keeping records for your own sake and for others. Pictures of dental impressions alone can be very helpful.

If you have successfully completed any expansion/movement of facial bones and have any of the above records, please submit them to the community with your personal story of what you did and what the results were (use multiple posts if necessary). Palate expansion, Maxilla movement up and forward, development of the orbital rims, zygomatic, and mandible / jawline are of specific interest. Please ensure that pictures are taken with the same angle, distance, and lighting: This will allow the community to see sharper jawline, higher cheekbones, decrease in dark circles under eyes, changes in nose shape, a more oval face, and improved symmetry.

If you wish to share anonymously, please send me a personal message and we will arrange an anonymous transfer. If you do not have any records to share,  your personal experience is also very valuable. Please tell us what you have done and what the results were.

Your input could help many, many people