Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

@tgw why havent you posted any new articles in like two years?  

RSS
Rockyp33
Reputable Member

just my curiosity

Posted : 02/02/2020 8:19 pm
Autokrator and Elwynn liked
TGW
 TGW
TGW Admin Admin

I don't want to publish any content that needs to be retracted. I was going to publish an article about the FAGGA but I think Ronny covered it pretty nicely. 

I did post an article recently which went into fascia, but I couldn't figure out how to get my thoughts onto the paper adequately so it's (published but) unfinished. 

I hit a plateau of growth and so I am currently trying a new method. No sense talking about it unless it actually works - that's the reason I didn't tell the forum I did AGGA, I don't want anyone following me on a potential wild goose chase. Which AGGA definitely was

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/02/2020 7:27 am
Rockyp33
Reputable Member

@admin

So you havent made any progress in the past few years? 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/02/2020 11:42 pm
TGW
 TGW
TGW Admin Admin
Posted by: @rockyp33

@admin

So you havent made any progress in the past few years? 

My crippling back spasms have stopped, and I think I look better - I think others have indicated that I look better too. There's definition in my face, cheekbone shadows and a line running from my masseter to cheekbone that were not there before. But I don't analyse changes outside of complete correction that would show up on scans.

I haven't been tracking my intermolar width, but my upper and lower canine teeth now meet when I close my jaw - this indicates that the upper dentition has moved forward and laterally a few mm in the past months. They used to be at a comfortable distance. Brushing my teeth I also notice that the front incisors are coming almost into alignment, compared to a 1cm previous gap (Class III underbite). My lower wisdom teeth are creeping further and further out of the gum line into eruption. My top wisdom teeth are starting to creep out of the gumline about a mm, where they used to be fully covered. I can feel them with my tongue now, where before it was just gum.

If teeth that never touched now touch, and the wisdom teeth have the space to erupt, I feel that it must be from changes in jaw size. 

I look so different under different lighting conditions in my own house, that's why I don't talk about visual changes. The upstairs washroom lights show a different face than my bedroom or the hallway mirror. So I only report stuff that I can objectively measure. But yes, more and more I catch myself in the mirror and think "Wow I look good". But on closer examination and because of my understanding of the situation, I see how much correction is still required. The correction of the underbite is just the start, once I achieve class I then I still need both jaws to develop further.

My gauge for success is the eruption of my wisdom teeth. Once all four fully erupt, I'll go in for scans. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/02/2020 8:13 am
Rockyp33
Reputable Member

@admin

So you said AGGA was a waste of time? i dont know much about all the appliance stuff but im curious what has caused you to make most of your progress. was it just mewing? or have you done something new in the past few months?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/02/2020 4:11 pm
TGW
 TGW
TGW Admin Admin
Posted by: @rockyp33

So you said AGGA was a waste of time? i dont know much about all the appliance stuff but im curious what has caused you to make most of your progress. was it just mewing? or have you done something new in the past few months?

AGGA only remodels the alveolar ridge. Not useless, but not what most people are looking for.

I've been trying something new, but won't go into it until I confirm its working. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/02/2020 4:18 pm
Rockyp33
Reputable Member

@admin

Ok well besides mewing do you think its a good idea to get an expanddeer regardless? is that the best first step forward? I would have no idea where to start with appliances. i just kinda have a deep bite but if my palate was to expand mainly on the front part instead of the back believe it or not id be happy. anyways if whatever your doing works which it sounds like it is lol please share

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/02/2020 6:15 pm
ShaktiOm
Trusted Member
Posted by: @admin

AGGA only remodels the alveolar ridge. Not useless, but not what most people are looking for.

I've been trying something new, but won't go into it until I confirm its working. 

When you say that AGGA only remodels the alveolar ridge, do you mean that it creates a U-shaped arch but does not do much to expand the entire palate? Does it lower high arching palates?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/02/2020 8:54 am
ShaktiOm
Trusted Member

Just watched this video... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9xJJgi67iQ

I'm still curious about my above questions, but it sounds like it could have somewhat of a positive impact on the oral cavity but can be harmful if used over aggressively.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/02/2020 9:12 am