Forum

NOTICE:

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Teeth together or apart?  

RSS
adcr
 adcr
(@adcr)

Ive been keeping my teeth together when I’m at a resting position. Is it better to keep the teeth apart or together at rest would you guys say?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/12/2018 8:45 pm
Fred
 Fred
(@fred)
Trusted Member

Together, it requires a little conscious effort, but it's VITAL for your mewing success and progress. Here is why, your upper teeth will not connect with your lower teeth, because your upper teeth will have a greater arch. You'll have to something called a "butter fly touch" I think it's called, which is keeping your teeth lightly together and to the point were your teeth are nestled in as far as they're able to and when doing that you're putting this gentle, delicate force onto your teeth to keep your bite closed.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/12/2018 8:57 pm
paradise
(@paradise)
Eminent Member
Posted by: Fred

Together, it requires a little conscious effort, but it's VITAL for your mewing success and progress. Here is why, your upper teeth will not connect with your lower teeth, because your upper teeth will have a greater arch. You'll have to something called a "butter fly touch" I think it's called, which is keeping your teeth lightly together and to the point were your teeth are nestled in as far as they're able to and when doing that you're putting this gentle, delicate force onto your teeth to keep your bite closed.

Debatable. I think Mike Mew mentioned having them slightly apart.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/12/2018 9:40 pm EddieMoney liked
Fred
 Fred
(@fred)
Trusted Member

@paradise I have heard of case where the upper teeth had a greater arch than the lower teeth, it's possible maybe even probable that this would cause that. Can you show me where Mike Mew said that? I might be wrong.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/12/2018 9:44 pm
EddieMoney
(@eddiemoney)
Reputable Member

Nobody knows to this day

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/12/2018 11:02 pm
Fred
 Fred
(@fred)
Trusted Member

I think my theory is more plausible

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/12/2018 11:06 pm
Share:

As you undergo correction in the near future, please consider keeping records for your own sake and for others. Pictures of dental impressions, scans, medical reports reports can be very helpful even with all personally identifying information blocked out.

Your input could help many, many people

Face Development

Working

Please Login or Register