Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Teeth size  

RSS
Jawanomics
Eminent Member

I notice with a lot of ugly people they are just straight up screwed due to small teeth. I actually think at least half the people trying mewing or blaming soft modern diets are not coming to terms with bad genes.

I personally think small teeth is one of the worst traits to have.

Only cure is maybe palate expansion and then let them gap and get veneers.

Good looking people have big teeth which leads to a big palate.

Posted : 08/09/2018 3:18 pm
Jawanomics
Eminent Member

I think probably the least talked about part.

It doesn't provide excuses or hope.

You cannot make chicken souffle from chicken [Rude Language or Insults are not tolerated].

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/09/2018 3:22 pm
Progress
Member Moderator

I don't think such a thing as small or big teeth exists. There is some phenotypic variation among the shape of individual teeth, but overall the size of the teeth are in proportion to the size of the person's cranium. Can you provide examples of what you are talking about?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/09/2018 5:52 pm
Rockyp33
Reputable Member

there are some differneces in teeth size but i don think its the major issue i have small teeth but i had terrible tongue posture and i grinded for years so i wonder if i had proper posture my teeth wouldve been bigger.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/09/2018 7:48 pm
Rockyp33
Reputable Member

What if the jaw grows along with the teeth? small pallete no posture =smaller teeth. wide palate = big teeth

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/09/2018 7:48 pm
Jawanomics
Eminent Member

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/09/2018 4:58 am
Jawanomics
Eminent Member

Teeth size are not dictated by mewing in your youth. Dictated by genetics.

32 big teeth occupy more space than 32 small teeth = wider palate due to genes

My saving grace from having 4 molar extractions when i was about 13 is that i have big teeth. But i know people with a narrower palate than me with zero extractions....but they have small teeth.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/09/2018 5:04 am
Progress
Member Moderator

"Teeth size are not dictated by mewing in your youth. Dictated by genetics."

Correct. Yet teeth size overall is irrelevant.

"32 big teeth occupy more space than 32 small teeth = wider palate due to genes"

A palate that doesn't have enough room to house all 32 teeth will lead to crooked teeth. There's nothing about the teeth themselves that will cause the palate to expand. If there were, crooked and unerupted teeth would not be a concern, because the presence of the teeth alone would guarantee a sufficient expansion for the palate. Consider this: only a palate that is sufficiently expanded due to proper breastfeeding and subsequent proper posture will be large enough for all the teeth to erupt in straight arches.

"My saving grace from having 4 molar extractions when i was about 13 is that i have big teeth. But i know people with a narrower palate than me with zero extractions....but they have small teeth."

You don't have big teeth for you. Only an undeveloped cranium. Of course, compared to other people, your absolute tooth size may be larger or smaller than teirs. But that doesn't matter. No otherwise healthy human is born with too small or too large teeth for their own mouths. Evolution and genetics simply don't work like that. Nature has guaranteed that your teeth are ideal for your mouth... as long as your development is ideal too.

As for the pictures you posted:

1) you are comparing a female to a male

2) the female has recessed maxilla, evident from the deep gingival exposure. While it's possible that her teeth haven't fully erupted from the gums, the downward maxillary position in itself can create an illusion of extrasmall teeth.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/09/2018 7:19 am
dadfa

I think it is genetic, because I've seen people with narrow palates and large teeth.  One of my friends has a narrow palate with several extractions, a small skull, and has really big teeth.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/09/2018 8:00 am
EddieMoney
Reputable Member

Generally tooth sizes vary by population but things like increased gingival exposure are due to CFD as opposed to the dentition itself. If your smile is very gummy you have maxillary recession especially if it is gummy above the incisors.

I have large dentition (like the guy you posted in the comparison pic) but before mewing my gums were very exposed. My teeth also looked larger by proportion since my palate was narrower than it is now.

Other factors to consider are mandible size and overall cranium height. If your skull is vertically short your teeth will appear larger than they are. Same if your mandible is small genetically .

I do agree though that at least for males large teeth are an advantage because they lengthen the lower third . This is one of the reasons I am against purposely biting edge to edge since the wear shortens the teeth which makes the lower third height much shorter. Same with clenching and bruxism . 

But tbh if your maxillary position is ideal your small teeth shouldn't lead to the problems associated with decreased facial aesthetics. Barring CFD and extended wear, your tooth size shouldn't affect your facial aesthetics since it is the way your skull is supposed to be anyway. Unnaturally altering your dentition for arbitrary aesthetic rules may lead to undesired effects like jaw problems since the rest of your skeleton may not be suited for the increased load.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/09/2018 12:59 pm
Jawanomics
Eminent Member

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/10/2018 8:09 am
Jawanomics
Eminent Member

Fassbender must have a 30'' skull and Jack White an 18'' skull.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/10/2018 8:10 am
Jawanomics
Eminent Member

''Just mew Jack, you will be fine....genetics means nothing, it is all environment. I cannot fathom an unjust world''

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/10/2018 8:12 am
Rockyp33
Reputable Member

he probably has bruxism and if he mewed when he was young he would have a better palate but i do agree bigger teeth can help

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/10/2018 8:49 pm
zosogg
Eminent Member

@Jawanomics Lol honest question, do you not think the guy in your profile pic looks ridiculous?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/10/2018 9:13 pm
EddieMoney
Reputable Member

Jack White's seem abnormally small. Wonder if he bites his food in such a way that the edges get worn. 

Fassbender teeth = ideal for a male though

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/10/2018 11:16 pm
Jawanomics
Eminent Member

Yes, initially i saw him maybe 8 years ago before any real 'looks' knowledge and my initial thought was "he looks ridiculous" and then laughter.

Now i think he actually has good bones, they are still too far from the norm but he could offset it with thicker neck and muscular body. His main problem is his masseters have too much hypertrophy.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/10/2018 4:36 am
Jawanomics
Eminent Member
Posted by: EddieMoney

Jack White's seem abnormally small. Wonder if he bites his food in such a way that the edges get worn. 

Why is it so hard for you to accept that some people are born superior and some people are born inferior?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/10/2018 8:06 am
TGW
 TGW
TGW Admin Admin
Posted by: Jawanomics

Why is it so hard for you to accept that some people are born superior and some people are born inferior?

Watch your wording here, and be specific about what you are referring to by superior and inferior in terms of facial development

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/10/2018 9:07 am
Jawanomics
Eminent Member
Posted by: TGW
Posted by: Jawanomics

Watch your wording here, and be specific about what you are referring to by superior and inferior in terms of facial development

Some people have good genes and some people have bad genes.

there are people with good and bad genes of all the races....the thread is about teeth!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/10/2018 4:45 pm
TGW liked
Jawanomics
Eminent Member

Teeth size is so important 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/06/2020 5:08 am
ayla mao

@jawanomics

I just measured my brothers and my own intermolar width due to this thread to make a comparison. We both have nearly the same width (his is only about 1 mm wider) and yet he has nearly straight teeth and I don't (crookeed upper left canine and 2 lower incisors). His teeth are aso quite smaller than mine, my upper front incisors are about 50% larger than his. His skull/head also appears to be smaller than mine too.

I never really noticed this until now, but teeth size and skeletal size in general is indeed a very underrated topic.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/06/2020 2:17 am