Share:

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Teeth feel misaligned, can only put pressure on left side...Am I doing it correctly?  

RSS
SeaAnn

I have JUST learned about mewing within the past two days and have been trying it. I have been having a few issues that I haven't been able to research because it's kind of wordy and difficult to explain so, bear with me please!

I have an asymmetrical face, with "melting" on the left side. I've also noticed that my left shoulder is lower than my right, hence, making almost my entire right side higher. I want to try and make it a bit more symmetrical for asthetic reasons as well as health (I have shoulder pain in my left and migraines only on my left as well).

I'm having several issues:

1. When I mew, I definitely don't feel even pressure on both sides, I feel my mid-palate ridge on my left side (which of course is lower) and cant get pressure to the right because of the lower left side. Also my teeth feel completely misaligned.

2. Its soooo difficult for me to get my tounge up to the roof on the mid-palate ridge, it feels veeeryyy high and i dont even know if i am going far enough. Any tips?

I want to avoid doing it incorrectly and perhaps doing more harm than good so I really would love advice/help!

Thanks in advance!!

Posted : 09/01/2019 4:13 pm
Abdulrahman
Reputable Member

It sounds like you pretty recessed in the maxilla and might have scoliosis. What is your inter molar width?

my story: http://www.aljabri.com/blog/my-story/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/01/2019 10:30 am
SeaAnn liked
SeaAnn

Thanks for replying, I am not sure how to measure it, but the misalignment seems to have gotten better.

Ive attached a few pictures i think it shows several things, where my face "melts" on that side and that my jaw may be misaligned (probably because of the fact that the right side is higher) what do you guys think and will mewing if i do it more on the left side?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/01/2019 5:50 pm
Abdulrahman
Reputable Member

The asymmetry is noticeable, in the nose and lips and also in the height of the cheek bones. Can you take a picture with you smiling to show your teeth?

For the change you are noticing, that typically due to muscle imbalance correcting itself after mewing.

my story: http://www.aljabri.com/blog/my-story/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/01/2019 11:42 pm
SeaAnn

Here is the picture. Yeah, my nose is what bothers me the most. It’s also noticeable in the eyes, since one side is higher than the other. Is it possible to have a recessed maxilla and an overbite?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/01/2019 10:17 pm
alfons3992

wow youre beautiful. no need to be worried. just slight asymmetrical but nobody will notice in real life 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/01/2019 4:25 pm
SeaAnn and Ayla31 liked
SeaAnn

Thank you so much, unfortunately my profession has me in front of the camera  and it is quite noticeable in photos. I’m also mewing to help with my posture in general as the asymmetry runs throughout my entire left side (lower left shoulder and hip) I’m hoping it helps!  

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/01/2019 5:17 pm
darkindigo
Reputable Member

Do you need good vision for your job?

Also, you want to be a detective on root cause.  If you can identify it... then that can help resolve.  Ex.  Always leaning on one side against palm of hand, for example.   I have done that with computer and slight asymmetry.  

This post was modified 7 months ago 5 times by darkindigo
ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/01/2019 2:18 am
SeaAnn liked
SeaAnn

I do, as sometimes I’m reading from a TelePrompTer. My vision is better than 20/20 I haven’t had any visual issues thankfully.

weird thing is I didn’t discover my asymmetry until I started modeling in my teens. I took some professional pictures and noticed the right side of my face was higher. I wasn’t sure what it was due to.

complete history though, I had a deviated septum, I’ve been a mouth breather basically all my life. In 2016 I was finally able to get a septoplasty with turbinate reduction and also got rhino combined to fix my “square tip”, the deviation, and other issues as the doctor said the inside of my nose was like an hourglass. Unfortunately, the tip slowly starting deviating to the same side and I still had collapsed cartilage in my lower side. 

On the lower side of my face, my eyes are recessed but I have a double lid, whereas on the higher side, you can’t even see my lid and it tends to droop. I do have very prominent cheekbones and facial bone structure, which is why I am able to book jobs, but once the pictures come out, people are surprised with my asymmetry. 

Sorry for the extreme detail I just have a hard time understanding how my face got so asymmetrical in so many places and this is the only forum I’ve been able to get some answers that many help. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/01/2019 5:38 pm
SeaAnn

Also, since I’ve been mewing, I’ve felt my jaw begin to move around and almost shift in alignment. It’s become more common recently and at first I thought it was my body automatically adjusting but now I worry I may be pressing on the roof too much?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/01/2019 5:41 pm
Progress
Member Moderator

Here is my take on your asymmetry. Consider the following pic. The tilt of your neck is a testament to your asymmetric cervical posture. Your slacking left shoulder/neck/tongue chain has stalled the development of this side. The superior development of the right side in turn has pulled the cartillage of the nose with it, resulting in the deviated septum. In order to fix this, you need to train yourself to do the exact opposite: learn to favor the left side of your cranium with its respective muscle chain, until you can eventually activate both chains harmoniously. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/01/2019 7:56 pm
Sclera
Estimable Member

Over time with oral posture, I've noticed a change in my eyelids, and the height of each lid is much more symmetrical than it used to be. One eye had a partial hood that cut practically in a straight line across on the crease. Now they're both clear arches. I was really surprised by that. Also, the "puffs" under my eyes when I smiled became far more symmetrical. So oral posture can do a lot! But I also think that my focus on improving my body posture as a separate piece had a lot to do with how my muscles related to each other in the process.

I was going to reiterate endonasal release as an option, as I've noticed a change in symmetry in the bridge of my nose from that, but you would definitely want a thorough consultation given your rhinoplasty, if you were thinking of ever pursuing it. It might be off the table so as not to cause any damage.

Unfortunately, in photos the recession on my left side is still very noticeable, so my nostrils are still asymmetrical -- but in general, I look better than I did.

Skin, health, muscle improvement can be pretty fast improvements. The changes to our bone structure as adults are the more nebulous parts of oral posture that we're looking at on the forum.

And oral posture alone most likely won't likely realign everything with your body. But if you work on your body from the ground up (arches of feet, ankles, calves, hips, shoulders, etc.), you might find an even deeper experience with your oral posture.

If you're getting worried about how exactly you're using your tongue, you might want to consult with a myofunctional therapist. But when you say you feel it move around, do you mean side to side? Or forward? 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/01/2019 9:16 pm
Hardmewer
Posted by: SeaAnn

I have JUST learned about mewing within the past two days and have been trying it. I have been having a few issues that I haven't been able to research because it's kind of wordy and difficult to explain so, bear with me please!

I have an asymmetrical face, with "melting" on the left side. I've also noticed that my left shoulder is lower than my right, hence, making almost my entire right side higher. I want to try and make it a bit more symmetrical for asthetic reasons as well as health (I have shoulder pain in my left and migraines only on my left as well).

I'm having several issues:

1. When I mew, I definitely don't feel even pressure on both sides, I feel my mid-palate ridge on my left side (which of course is lower) and cant get pressure to the right because of the lower left side. Also my teeth feel completely misaligned.

2. Its soooo difficult for me to get my tounge up to the roof on the mid-palate ridge, it feels veeeryyy high and i dont even know if i am going far enough. Any tips?

I want to avoid doing it incorrectly and perhaps doing more harm than good so I really would love advice/help!

Thanks in advance!!

Hey i have the exact same issue as you but instead it’s my right side that droopy. Everything you’ve mentioned is what i have. I was curious if you have fixed your issue and if so how, can you elaborate because i want to fix it as well.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/05/2019 11:49 pm
Share:

As you undergo correction in the near future, please consider keeping records for your own sake and for others. Pictures of dental impressions, scans, medical reports reports can be very helpful even with all personally identifying information blocked out.

Your input could help many, many people

Face Development

Working

Please Login or Register