Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Teeth Being Slightly Apart

Matt
 Matt
Eminent Member

In the tropic premise Dr.Mew says the teeth can be slightly apart. Although I've noticed when I do this my face goes in a recessed look, so I need to have them slightly touching. Although I find it hard for them to slightly touching all of the time using just the force of the tongue.

Does anybody else who has  their teeth slightly apart have this sort of appearance ? 

Topic starter Posted : 29/05/2018 5:57 pm
krollic
Reputable Member

I don't agree w/ Mew on this point. I think the teeth should be at least in slight contact. The lower jaw is a powerful tool that can transmit a lot of upward force over time. I think it's important for raising the maxilla, teeth expansion and making a face less narrow etc

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/05/2018 6:30 pm
Rockyp33 and Matt liked
Couda
Eminent Member

@krollic 
It is important to chew hard to gum harden the alveolar bone so that the teeth gets more "stuck" to the bone. If they are not stuck, clenching will push the teeth into the gum(intrusion). 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/05/2018 8:39 am