Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Mewing does nothing fix high arch maxilla with TADs instead

Wellwellwell
Eminent Member

What's your opinion on the use of tads to treat vertical maxillary excess (VME) also known as long vaulted palate.

It seems like more and more orthodontists are doing it.

E.g @drstuartfrost instagram.

Or this blog: mybraces4vme.wordpress.com

- Started soft mewing on 12 Feb 2019. Have not seen any real results or changes.
- Starting IMW: 35 mm
- Current IMW: 35 mm
- I now believe that mewing is mostly snake oil at least for the purposes discussed on this forum.

Topic starter Posted : 27/04/2021 12:43 pm
Wellwellwell
Eminent Member

Here is an example.

- Started soft mewing on 12 Feb 2019. Have not seen any real results or changes.
- I now believe that mewing is mostly snake oil at least for the purposes discussed on this forum.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 28/04/2021 11:49 am
Wellwellwell
Eminent Member

Bump

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 18/05/2021 7:01 am
Wellwellwell
Eminent Member

I find it funny that mewing gets discussed to no ends on this forum while having lacking evidence at best.

But when something that actually effects the shape of the face and maxilla gets mentioned its ignored.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 27/05/2021 5:14 pm
auxiliary
Reputable Member

Mewing does shorten the front palate, mainly by forcing it forward. I've had this happen, I went to about 35mm mew indicator.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/05/2021 9:38 am