Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Swallowing without activating lips

Foamroller

I am having difficulty swallowing without activating my lip muscles. I can swallow absolutely fine, no buccinator activation with a good tongue sweep. The drawback is that when I do this there is always excess saliva accumulating in the front of my mouth, and I can not swallow all of it. To rectify this, the only solution I have found is by making contact with the tongue and the bottom lip, to then drag saliva down via a tongue sweep. 

I am not sucking the lips in, merely making contact to draw the saliva backwards.

Is there an alternate way using solely the tongue to gather all saliva in the mouth, I feel the only way to do this is by touching tongue to lip.

Topic starter Posted : 20/06/2021 12:05 pm