Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Suction hold?

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
ZdzichuPatelnia93
(@zdzichupatelnia93)
Topic starter

Hey, I discovered orthotropics 8 months ago. Been trying to achieve the suction hold, but I guess my palate wasn’t ready for it. I think I got it now, but my mouth floor gets sucked in as well. It swells and hurts a little bit, but I think I’m going in the right direction. What am I doing wrong? 

I can see and feel the results of mewing. Would like to continue. i’ve heard that suction hold is the safest way to mew. 

Posted : 25/09/2020 7:32 pm
Sergio-OMS
(@sergio-oms)

maybe you have a tongue tie.

You Should visit a SLP with extraTraining on miofuncional disorders.

Don’t expect skeletal changes from “mewing”, you won’t get them. But, anyway, achieving a proper oral posture is important.

Posted : 25/09/2020 11:21 pm
ZdzichuPatelnia93
(@zdzichupatelnia93)
Topic starter

I think I managed to fix the problem. The answer – keep mewing through the pain and swelling. In few days, my alveolar ridge changed (most likely – or whole palate). Now I can achieve suction hold and vacuum without sucking in the mouth floor.

Posted : 27/09/2020 11:24 am

THE GREAT WORK