Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Subtle Changes...My Progress....

CristinaRose

Background history:

Started Mewing August 2017...was very difficult because I had a very tight tongue tie and weak tongue accustomed to only the bottom of my  mouth for 40+ years.

Tongue tie removed early 2018 (took two trips to the dentist to completely remove it.  And a lot of healing).

Mewing became easier and easier as my tongue healed and became stronger.

I’m working on my posture daily. I’ve had lousy posture my entire life. I admit I hard Mew, particularly on my right side because the right side of my face is slightly more recessed than my left.  My left side looks younger than right side too.

Please ignore dark spot on tooth.  I still have some silver fillings that are covered by porcelain.  

I will be 50 next month.

Picture on left is from April 2019 and picture on right is from today July 22, 2019

Topic starter Posted : 22/07/2019 2:50 pm
justdoit

Woah, it definitely looks like you expanded!! Did you measure IMW before and after? Any specifics about hard mewing - did you try to push "out" at the back of the hard palate, pushing up etc.?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/07/2019 2:54 pm
skinnyboiii

I tried aligning the pictures and I wasn't able to tell if there's actually expansion going on or if the pictures were just taken from slightly different distances. In any case, in 3-4 months what can you really expect?

It might be better to take some measurements now (as precisely as you can) and then report back after a year or so to see if things have changed.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/07/2019 4:59 am