Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Subliminal messaging to grow maxilla?  

RSS
paradise
Eminent Member

Came across this -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vZPgey7eJs

Seems like BS but want to keep an open mind. Anyone have experience with this?

Posted : 11/06/2018 2:13 am
RedFountain

I'm very skeptical. 

I do believe in the mind-body connection, and believe that mindful affirmations can contribute to (albeit small) positive changes in health. What I don't believe is videos like these, with indiscernible gibberish blasted into your ears, having any effect on your subconscious, let alone its ability to significantly affect your looks.

What I do believe is these videos are created simply to make money (see how they're all just 1 second longer than 10minutes, Youtube's threshold for higher tier advertising) off gullible and insecure people, hoping for a holy grail. (This is not a stab at you! I totally get the curiosity and hope that these are worth your time)

If you do believe in subconscious affirmations to assist you in your mewing,  and you're willing to put in some dedicated time each day, here's something that I just thought of that you might be willing to do:

Meditate each day for twenty minutes. Sit in a comfortable position, and focus on your breathing (mind your posture!). Once you've settled in, move your focus towards your tongue posture, consciously and firmly pressing your tongue forwards, upwards and sideways. Maybe use a little more force than you generally would throughout the day. While doing this, think of some affirmation(s) to mindfully repeat (silently or out loud) as mantras during your meditation.  Affirmations such as 'My maxilla is growing bigger and stronger each day', 'my maxilla is moving forward and upwards to its desirable position', 'my facial structure is adjusting and is getting more and more attractive in a rapid rate'. Turn to the video description you posted for some inspiration,

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/06/2018 6:19 am
Sclera liked
krollic
Reputable Member

It is nonsense targeted at gullible/desperate people designed to collect ad revenue. You'll find thousands of these sorts of videos claiming to solve any and every problem.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/06/2018 9:32 am
Sclera
Estimable Member

Ha! I use subliminals! Mainly Quadible Integrity's YouTube channel, though they haven't updated in a really long time. There are also a few other channels that target maxilla progression that get bigger hits than others and seem more sincere than other channels.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsRDV8w4EpmyBw3TpUfkOqA

Here's been my experience. Without knowing which subliminal I listen to, I actually experience tingling in the areas the subliminal is targeting. I listened to one maxilla/mandible one, and my mandible literally moved forward on its own during the session, past my upper incisors, to create an underbite, and when I looked in the mirror, I could see that location would have been my mandible's proper place had I not had malocclusion. It was a very strange experience.

I haven't kept up with any subliminals long enough to say whether or not they actually work BUT: At the very least, I like it as a meditation and opportunity to get more in tune with my body. I also respond to ASMR and am highly hypnotizable, so the tingling sensations are enjoyable, and if I can convince myself that it's working, it's possible that I can subconsciously relax muscles, use others, align myself better, and create progress in ways that my conscious brain holds me back. Kind of like how people can speak other languages a bit better after they've had a few drinks. 

I am not knocking the skeptics. Believe me, I know it can be a whole lot of nothing. But I've had fun with it, and if it works, then even better.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/06/2018 9:59 am
Apollo
Reputable Member

Here's a thread on the topic from the BTM forum:

http://breakthematrix.createaforum.com/therapies/maxilliary-growth-(and-much-more)-through-binural-beats/msg2139/#msg2139

Generally, how could the person who makes these sounds possibly know what they are targeting? If they help you get your mind into a meditative state that allows you to focus on your goals, then by all means use them, but recognize that they aren't specifically tuned to whatever effect they claim to induce.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/06/2018 2:35 pm
Keengo
Trusted Member

http://www.odysseyofthesoul.org/freomm/mentaimagery.htm

There is some evidence/science that shows believing things has actually had some real effects on them actually happening. I have no idea how this works and don't think anybody does, so it's kind of guessing and hoping kind of tactics. There is some evidence believing something can affect it, but no proof or demonstrations that listening to sounds can alter bone remodeling, growth, formation, size, etc.

I wouldn't call it stupid since it's not completely proven to be impossible or possible either. I really doubt anyone is going to listen to some garbled sounds and suddenly their maxilla will jump forward 10mm and they'll have model cheekbones and facial fat distribution.

But nobody really studies this or has found any good science to prove how subliminals can work -- not even scientists. This is a whole area to research and might be worth it for those who have the time.

It'd be interesting to see any follow-ups on how subliminals and their effects can be maximized though, because it'd be a dream come true if all of your bones just became perfect from hearing sounds and you wake up looking super hot the next day ... or if this could make any small change at all even.

But yeah those YouTube videos are pretty much a waste of time. You can condition yourself to believe the sounds are doing something and that something is affecting your bones, but I don't think this will do anything because there's no evidence to prove it will work and you'd have to try it yourself and/or rely on what other people say (which is probably bullshit, but I keep an open mind).

** The face pulling "bag method" -- https://the-great-work.org/community/main-forum/face-pulling/#post-3902 **

** Keengo Chin Tuck method w/force (WIP)-- https://the-great-work.org/community/main-forum/chin-tuck-with-added-force-chin-tuck-2-0-new-theory-inside/ **

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/06/2018 4:56 pm
Sclera
Estimable Member

Oh, it’s totally out there — no one gives it any scientific credence. But I grew up on a lot of new-age holistic things, so it’s not a big deal for me to be open to the possibility of it working. I'm also okay with it being total rubbish. With that in mind, here’s my understanding.

There's a difference between binaural beats and subliminals, though they’re sometimes merged. Subliminals are people saying phrases but with music and/or beats and/or other sounds on top so you can't consciously hear it. The theory is that you subconsciously hear the words, and the brain doesn't have the opportunity to throw the comment out. For the subliminal videos, they are very clearly and specifically targeting anything they want.

Binaural beats are the frequencies I think you're talking about, in which I've only really seen them used for relaxation, energizing, and better sleep — more sensation than specific result. Has more to do with inducing a different brainwave pattern, something something somehow someway. I also have never understood how the beats themselves could work for specific results such as maxilla forward growth or weight gain or loss. I’m not advocating it, defending, or making a case for it. If someone’s interested, I’m sure they can search for more info on it.

I do believe that the human brain is capable of more than we can imagine, and that stress is a huge factor in health. If we can relax and give our bodies ample time to recover from stress alone, then we can begin the process of healing our actual ailments.

So yeah, I like binaural beats and subliminals for relaxation and meditation, getting a better sense of chakras and centering oneself. But I’ve never put much stock in eye color or tattoo ink preservation, etc. It’s more along the lines of I’m hypnotizing myself to see if there's more I can be proactively doing with my body.

I’ll accept the tinglies and the relaxation. And I’m very curious about the power of the mind, given that I feel the tingling sensations in those targeted areas.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/06/2018 4:57 pm
Apollo liked
Keengo
Trusted Member
Posted by: Sclera

Oh, it’s totally out there — no one gives it any scientific credence. But I grew up on a lot of new-age holistic things, so it’s not a big deal for me to be open to the possibility of it working. I'm also okay with it being total rubbish. With that in mind, here’s my understanding.

There's a difference between binaural beats and subliminals, though they’re sometimes merged. Subliminals are people saying phrases but with music and/or beats and/or other sounds on top so you can't consciously hear it. The theory is that you subconsciously hear the words, and the brain doesn't have the opportunity to throw the comment out. For the subliminal videos, they are very clearly and specifically targeting anything they want.

Binaural beats are the frequencies I think you're talking about, in which I've only really seen them used for relaxation, energizing, and better sleep — more sensation than specific result. Has more to do with inducing a different brainwave pattern, something something somehow someway. I also have never understood how the beats themselves could work for specific results such as maxilla forward growth or weight gain or loss. I’m not advocating it, defending, or making a case for it. If someone’s interested, I’m sure they can search for more info on it.

I do believe that the human brain is capable of more than we can imagine, and that stress is a huge factor in health. If we can relax and give our bodies ample time to recover from stress alone, then we can begin the process of healing our actual ailments.

So yeah, I like binaural beats and subliminals for relaxation and meditation, getting a better sense of chakras and centering oneself. But I’ve never put much stock in eye color or tattoo ink preservation, etc. It’s more along the lines of I’m hypnotizing myself to see if there's more I can be proactively doing with my body.

I’ll accept the tinglies and the relaxation. And I’m very curious about the power of the mind, given that I feel the tingling sensations in those targeted areas.

Part of it could be self-hypnosis or believing something so much you see it, even if it's not there. Like you said the mind is powerful, but if you're deluding yourself to see something others don't, the change is technically not real then. It may be real to you, but people won't see it. I think we all live in our own little worlds -- our minds -- but there's still a difference between what is actually happening and what we want to think is happening.

It's true that most people dismiss this and call it bullshit, but by doing so they're actively avoiding the process. You can say, "If you don't try it, how can you know it doesn't work?" and that's a good point. I've never tried this really, but I'd like some evidence that sounds can affect the brain and how this can realistically work/make a difference -- otherwise I'm just wasting time listening to sounds I don't know what they're saying (could be telling me to jump off a bridge or something -- not that it's a longshot anyways).

** The face pulling "bag method" -- https://the-great-work.org/community/main-forum/face-pulling/#post-3902 **

** Keengo Chin Tuck method w/force (WIP)-- https://the-great-work.org/community/main-forum/chin-tuck-with-added-force-chin-tuck-2-0-new-theory-inside/ **

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/06/2018 5:05 pm
Sclera liked
EddieMoney
Reputable Member

I just light up some bud and get a whole lot more focus on tongue pushing/expansion than when sober  🤣 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/06/2018 5:22 pm
Sclera
Estimable Member
Posted by: EddieMoney

I just light up some bud and get a whole lot more focus on tongue pushing/expansion than when sober  🤣 

Wait until you try doing both at the same time! LOL

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/06/2018 7:13 pm
krollic
Reputable Member

adderall to maximize your mewing concentration, bruh 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/06/2018 7:23 pm
Keengo
Trusted Member

Just take shrooms and watch everything become Mewgical.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/06/2018 9:17 pm