Share:

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Stupid bulge under chin when mewing  

RSS
Retropizza

Hey everyone,

So a little background info is that when i first started mewing in feb i used the cheesy smile swallow method to engage the posterior third. With this i couldn't breathe cos my palate was quite narrow. Its also important for me to mention that at that time i was extremely skinny as i had just been diagnosed with chrons disease and was weighing around 49kg. Fast forward to end of June my weight is 60kg and my breathing while mewing has improved. But there is a problem where whenever i mew i get a bulge under my chin which i never had when i first started out. Could it possibly be a cause of gaining weight over time? Please help me as I don't wanna be mewing wrong this whole time. Thanks

Posted : 25/06/2019 6:00 pm
Goblin_slayer

I have the same problem , when the hyroid goes up whatever fat or loose skin undr your jaw is pushed forward into a bulge instead of being spread evenly under your chin. I believe excess skin can be caused by having a low hyroid position or recessed chin its quite annoying

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/06/2019 9:46 pm
drunkwithcoffee
Trusted Member

Is it the muscle under your chin that bulges? If so you may be pressing on the hard palate instead of the soft palate, which engages it.  If this is the case, you need to move the posterior third further back.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/06/2019 11:54 pm
Share:

As you undergo correction in the near future, please consider keeping records for your own sake and for others. Pictures of dental impressions, scans, medical reports reports can be very helpful even with all personally identifying information blocked out.

Your input could help many, many people

Face Development

Working

Please Login or Register