Forum

NOTICE:

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Started my journey, have some questions.  

RSS
drpzxc
(@drpzxc)

It's my day one and i'm a bit confused. I saw different videos about this subject and some different techniques. 

My questions are:

Should the tongue rest comfortably on the palate or should i apply some pressure at all times to see any changes?

What kind of signs i should check for to make sure am doing it correctly?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/12/2018 8:03 pm
Fred
 Fred
(@fred)
Trusted Member

It's great of you that you have come for advice, rather than diving right in and doing it incorrectly. To answer your first question: You should apply some pressure, instead of doing it to hard or soft. You can do this by: Doing a proper swallow and holding it. Something to remember here...keep the tip of your tongue on the incisive papilla.

Your second question: When you're mewing you will go through an ugly duckling phase that lasts a few months. The signs you're mewing correctly are that you're seeing an increase in palate width(this takes weeks to see about half a mm a week is gained), you find yourself with your tongue on the roof the mouth after you wake up, you don't catch yourself with bad posture, these are just few to name.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/12/2018 10:15 pm
drpzxc
(@drpzxc)

Thank you for helping me out but i think i need some explanation about this proper swallowing techinique.

I watched some Mew's videos and the way he shows it, i'm unable to breath if i wan't to keep this poistion at all times. If i try to breath in this position thrn i feel i need to push air thru some liquid while not feeling any pressure on palate anymore. 

Also how should the pressure be applied? In what direction etc?

Also do you like suck the back of your tongue into place? Or should the pressure be painful?

This post was modified 1 day ago 3 times by drpzxc
ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/12/2018 4:13 am
Fred
 Fred
(@fred)
Trusted Member

Are you aware the tongue sweep? If not learn about it. The swallow technique is when you tongue sweep and when you're swallowing you push your tongue on the palate up and forwards. Your problems with breathing is because of pushing the back of your tongue into your throat, avoid moving the back the tongue into the throat. I don't suck the back of the tongue, I use the swallow technique. I'm confused about the last question, if I'm right you're talking about tooth aches or some sensation in your throat. You should apply the pressure just good enough that you can keep your tongue up for a good duration of time comfortably. Push laterally, upwards, and forwards(get the back of the tongue involved). Just fiddle with your tongue long enough, so you can apply pressure on as many places as you can and breathe clearly.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/12/2018 12:41 pm
Share:

As you undergo correction in the near future, please consider keeping records for your own sake and for others. Pictures of dental impressions, scans, medical reports reports can be very helpful even with all personally identifying information blocked out.

Your input could help many, many people

Face Development

Working

Please Login or Register