Forum

Please Note: The Users of this site are not engaged in rendering professional advice or services to the individual reader. The ideas, procedures, and suggestions contained within this work are not intended as a substitute for examination by your medical practitioner.

Sore Molars  

RSS
bigapollo
(@bigapollo)

Is it normal for molars to feel sore after/while mewing? I feel like my tongue is pushing more outwards than upwards on the palate. I don't seem to have lots of tipping.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/07/2018 1:43 am
Couda
(@couda)
Eminent Member

My molars used to feel sore in the beginning and I had a pie crust tongue. Now I dont have any pie crust tongue at all. Maybe its because my palate vault is deeper and/or my tongue is better to direct the force upwards.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/07/2018 6:48 am
Ethan
(@ethan)

Has anyone had good experience expanding palate with just tongue. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/07/2018 10:17 pm
Dominik
(@dominik)
Trusted Member

Yeah, my molars are sore. I have the same kind of feeling in them as back when I had braces. A couple of days ago I noticed teeth marks on the inside of my cheeks, especially on the right side (because the tongue is pushing that side harder?). Looks like the tongue is pushing my molars sideways out, expanding the arch and I have like 40 mm distance between the back molars. Apparently healthy humans can have an inter-molar distance in the high 40s low 50s (in milimeters). So I have like 1 cm to go. Not even a month has passed since mewing tho, but I do feel like my palate has changed, because I can easily fit the tongue up there and in the first 2 weeks this was not the case, I used to really struggle mewing.... now I just wake up mewing and continue throughout the day.

This post was modified 3 months  ago 3 times by Dominik
ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/07/2018 11:43 pm
bigapollo
(@bigapollo)

Also, I've noticed my molars, especially the furthest back molar on my underdeveloped side, are tipping outwards. Is tipping normal or should I try to avoid it?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/07/2018 4:49 pm
Couda
(@couda)
Eminent Member
Posted by: Dominik

Yeah, my molars are sore. I have the same kind of feeling in them as back when I had braces. A couple of days ago I noticed teeth marks on the inside of my cheeks, especially on the right side (because the tongue is pushing that side harder?). Looks like the tongue is pushing my molars sideways out, expanding the arch and I have like 40 mm distance between the back molars. Apparently healthy humans can have an inter-molar distance in the high 40s low 50s (in milimeters). So I have like 1 cm to go. Not even a month has passed since mewing tho, but I do feel like my palate has changed, because I can easily fit the tongue up there and in the first 2 weeks this was not the case, I used to really struggle mewing.... now I just wake up mewing and continue throughout the day.

Ive noticed teeth marks too, I fear that it is not caused by the palate expanding but that it is caused by improper swallowing(aka sucking the saliva) which causes the cheeks to push against the molars. 
Is it possible that you do the "the suction hold" that Mew talks about or improper swallowing?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/07/2018 2:36 pm
Share:

As you undergo correction in the near future, please consider keeping records for your own sake and for others. Pictures of dental impressions, scans, medical reports reports can be very helpful even with all personally identifying information blocked out.

Your input could help many, many people

Face Development

Working

Please Login or Register