Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Something Interesting  

RSS
Fred
 Fred
Estimable Member

You may have seen threads of me b***hing about my braces. But something I noticed is that I unintentionally increased space for my upper wisdom teeth. I have this habit of feeling how much space I have for my wisdom teeth, because I really desire to have them. Before braces, I could barely fit half of the tip the tongue. 2 months and some weeks after, I can fit the entire thing. 

I suspect that this happened because my teeth are making light contact, barely having the cusps clasp eachother. There is no "drag." 

Another thing that happened was that my eyes became symmetrical. I did take a photo and it turned out to be true. Sadly, my jaw didn't recieve the same effect and it's still significantly asymmetrical. This has already been documented, your eye area becomes symmetrical and even your eyebrows. I don't remember the thread.

Summary: Light contact between your teeth and mewing leads to your maxilla shifting. Maxillary advancement changes how symmetrical your eyes and even your face is.

Hopefully, this is interesting and if not, sorry.

Posted : 25/08/2019 1:36 am
J3tze liked
Pame
 Pame
Trusted Member

How did the braces expand your upper arch?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/08/2019 11:24 am
Fred
 Fred
Estimable Member

What is the upper arch?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/08/2019 5:23 pm
Pame
 Pame
Trusted Member

Maxilla / palate.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/08/2019 4:04 am
Fred
 Fred
Estimable Member

I didn't widen it, it just moved forward. The part braces had, was that it created considerablely loose contact for me. So there was no resistance and my tongue just moved it forward. I think I can't widen anything when I have braces, it goes back or forwards.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/08/2019 8:26 pm
Kyte
 Kyte
Estimable Member

Hi Fred,

I also used to poke the end of the upper arch on both sides to clean it and to check if my wisdom teeth were erupting.

After 5-6 months mewing I noticed 3 things :

1 I can reach It way more easily with the tip of tongue

2 I feel something protruding after 3-4 mms the end of it

3 keeping the same bite I am accustomed to, I can shift my mandible a little now. It was impossibile before.

I recently went to an ortho for a consult, he took an x ray plate and guess what... I have no wisdom teeth at all.

Maybe my maxilla shifted forward creating a gap between the bottom and another bone...the hamulus maybe?

No IMW expansion at all by the way. Still at 37 mm

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/08/2019 2:36 am