Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

So I bought the fake Myobrace off Ebay  

RSS
PolHolmes
Eminent Member

Been mewing for over a year without any progress at all.

Yeah, so I bought the fake Myobrace off eBay and I wish I had bought it sooner. Been using it for a couple of days now and my breathing is so much more clear already, for the first time I'm waking up without a stuffed nose.

I just assume that I had my tongue in the wrong place for the past year, I fiddled about way too much with my tongue constantly pushing and pressing every waking minute to no avail. This little device has just made my life so much easier, instead of thinking about where my tongue is throughout the whole day, I just have this in and no worries. I'm feeling constant pressure through my whole palate, I just wish I'd bought this last year, for the sake of £7!!

Posted : 07/06/2020 8:05 pm
taborgreat
What was the product called on eBay? Is it easy to use?
ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/06/2020 3:46 am
mr.mewing
Estimable Member

but you can't expand your palate right? because it retains the teeth in the same position

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/06/2020 4:46 am
PolHolmes
Eminent Member

@mr-mewing

It comes in soft plastic and hard plastic, when the pressure of the tongue hits the inner portion of the device, it expands. Meanwhile, the outer plastic between the teeth and the cheek holds the cheek in place. Essentially it prevents the cheek from pushing against the teeth, stopping it from pulling them in and helps them expand. 

Because it's having a better effect on my breathing, I can only assume that it's working. If you already have optimal tongue posture, it's probably not ideal for you, however, for somebody who doesn't, it can be a great tool in my opinion. Again for less than £10, you can't really go wrong.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/06/2020 4:31 pm
PolHolmes
Eminent Member

@taborgreat

Myobrace, there are lots of ones and they're all identical pretty much. All made in China I assume, I would just get the cheapest one you can find. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/06/2020 4:38 pm
mr.mewing
Estimable Member

@polholmes you should post your progress soon with your mybrace

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/06/2020 2:55 am