Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

single tooth causing crossbite  

RSS
alfons3992

one of my teeth is the reason my lower and upper teeth are not in line (like in the picture, its not my teeth though). it is slightly too long and when i try to move my teeth in line, i feel and see that the tooth is blocking the other teeth to get in line perfectly.

im going to visit an orthodontist, what can he do about it? i dont want to get braces because i dont want recession. can he maybe just grind the tooth down to the level of the others? its sticking out about 0.5 mm-1 mm. 

Posted : 31/07/2019 9:29 am
sinned
Estimable Member

Perhaps you've got an edge to edge bite?

Image result for correct occlusion

This is an example of good occlusion, the top teeth are in front of the bottom.

More examples

Related image

Related image

Image result for correct occlusion

Search up correct/perfect occlusion on google images for more. I don't know if it's just you jutting the jaw so it shows more in the pic or if you actually have an edge to edge bite.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/07/2019 7:55 pm
Roflcopters
Trusted Member

Looks like a top on top bite. 

These bites [Rude Language or Insults are not tolerated] ur whole facial muscles harmony and function , I speak from experience, even eating is stressful. So get on it asap. 

If you don't want or need much expansion at the top, extractionless braces like Damon can probably easily fix that. Seen some good results on them. They promote appositional bone deposition, not just moving the teeth, so for mild cases they work very well. 

How much can you jut your mandible forward?is your cervical posture good? If your cervical posture is bad while maintaining the occlusion you showed us in the pictures, I'd say you have more of a class 3 than a top on top bite. Play with it. Usually, jutting ur mandible forward, allows you to adopt a good neck posture and to self diagnose how much expansion at the top you need. 

If you get palatal expansion your mandible will probably easily follow the expansion at the top having in mind it's a top on top, but maybe you are recessed on both Jaws.

It does look like ur arches are very narrow, I think ud benefit alot from transverse expansion.

Hope it helped. 

I'm not a medical expert.

This is a forum on the internet so don't take my word for it. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/08/2019 9:01 am
Fred
 Fred
Estimable Member

Push that [Rude Language or Insults are not tolerated] with your tongue. I have actually aligned an incisor through tongue posture and chew8ng. Chewing makes it so that your teeth can shift easier.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/08/2019 1:27 pm