Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

[Solved] singing/voice and mouth breathing correlation? prove me wrong (explanation + pictures.. ft. long one)  

RSS
x__cv

skip to pics if u wanna

pics of my fav singers which I believe to have mouth breather structure (face is rather prolonged and 2D than 3D)..

Lady Gaga (I mean not favorite but close):

2010/12 pic can't remember but yup, pretty obvious

Random guy 1:

Jagmin:

(?)

Random guy 2:

Random pic 1:

Random pic 2:

Random pic 3:

Kinda funny but I'm still not entirely convinced, more like confused cause of inconsistencies.. don't developing children who mouth breathe have a weak chin after all? There's a catch or key passage that I'm missing to understand probably.

Posted : 13/03/2019 3:18 am
Facetimeskink

I’ve had a harder time at voice lessons since I’ve been mewing because I keep instinctively pressing my tongue up and that obviously blocks the sound. I never know where to put my tongue when I sing anymore and it kind of drives me nuts because putting it in my lower arch just feels wrong now. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/03/2019 2:42 pm
mr.mewing
Estimable Member

do you think a narrow palate will give you bad speech because when you raise your tongue up it almost blocks off the airway and also the sounds that come through?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/03/2019 4:19 pm
x__cv

Well... smth that has been obvious for me was the voice getting weird and kinda lower and it bugged me like crazy obviously, so because of the sex drive and stuff I imagine that it could be that mewing raises testosterone?

Really don't know how to explain it otherwise but yea, after the first days of mewing I struggled to talk like that Astrosky guy on youtube u know.. like in that video "mewing for beginners" or I don't remember, but there are pobs other videos where u can see it because it's pretty obvious anyway.

And that kinda bugs me because I'm not sure what causes it but it's obvious that it's there right.. I wouldn't less singers in the future because of mewing, however by mouth breathing my voice feels dead, like on a cold right?

So that aside I'm just gonna keep digging what these singers did while growing up, they probs did some mouth breathing from exercise or singing but I still can't really tell what they would do normally.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/03/2019 1:11 am
mr.mewing
Estimable Member

i my opinion mewing has something to do with + testosteron  because if you do weightlifting your t levels would go up 

and imagen you workout your strongest muscle in the body the tongue i think t levels would get higher and i feel that also my hyroid is playing with my feelings since i mew but hormones their get releast.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/03/2019 3:06 am
x__cv

yes I have very low tolerance for heat and cold although it got better with time, mby I should buy some selenium from amazon

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/03/2019 5:03 am
Facetimeskink

So my voice teacher specifically said yesterday to keep my tongue against my bottom teeth while singing, which weirded me out, but the voices of Elsa and Anna make me think that if it’s not a tongue thrust situation and just rests there while singing that it shouldn’t mess up airways

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/03/2019 4:05 pm