Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

simple, important question  

RSS
Quetzelcoatlus

How do I tell if my tongue is resting fully on the roof of my mouth with proper neck posture? I have hard mewed for awhile to strengthen it, but when im not its hard to tell because theres not much feeling around the back 3rd of the tongue. How do I know if soft mewing is proper and in full position?

Thank you

Posted : 01/11/2019 11:33 am
Loliboly
Estimable Member

One good indication is if the area under your chin tightens and lifts up. How ever, if your muscle-mind connection is weak, it may take some practise to achieve this. This was the case for me in the beginning. Watch Astro Sky’s tutorial on YouTube for a visual instruction.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/11/2019 5:00 pm
Fred
 Fred
Estimable Member

When you feel like you're not trying. You can check at times and you can't feel your tongue on your palate?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/11/2019 11:11 pm
Quetzelcoatlus

I can feel the front and mid but the back kinda just feels like empty space, when I hard mew I can feel a light stress at the back of the palat than I know its their. 

Question; is that the feeling that lead to the tongue subconsciously resting there for those of you that have had success at it?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/11/2019 1:34 pm