Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Should I use Chimpancerda BOW?  

RSS
jonnyboy3396

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xr-NJH_Nh5w&t=98s

I'm 18 years old. I have a slightly, but not extremely, recessed face and never had orthotropic or orthodontic devices. I don't know exactly how to describe it but my mandible is slightly recessed and other than that I have barely any forward growth. I am just seeking maximum pleasant forward facial growth and to fix my teeth. I was considering buying one of these because there's a website that just sells them. However, there's no good explanation anywhere of how to use this device, or if it requires another oral device of some kind. I saw an old thread on here about the BOW, but it delved into different devices and other things and it got so complicated that  I could not understand it. If there's something or some facepuller like this but better (device or combination of them for sale online or from an orthotropic office only), could I be pointed towards it? I heard someone say this might be useful combined with MSE. I apologize because I am relatively new to this subject and it is my first time posting. I hope I have given enough information and if I haven't I will try to give more as I can. Thank you. 

Posted : 26/05/2020 12:12 pm
nek23

took my attention too, anyone know how it does work, is it attached to palate like expanders or like wearable retainers, or do we even put that elastic thing in our back teeths?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/05/2020 2:02 pm
sinned
Estimable Member

@nek23

It's attached to hooks on an expander, the orthodontic bands are attached to these hooks.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/05/2020 6:59 pm