Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Should I shave off the front acrylic from my expander?  

RSS
GenerationDoomer

I have an active plate schwartz expander that's about to arrive, and I was wondering if I should shave off the front part of my expander. My front teeth are crowded and I want to create enough space for them with expansion, but I think that even if the acrylic doesn't make direct contact with the incisors, a midline diastema should form and the incisors should shift into proper occlusion. 

What should I do with my palate expander? Should I remove the front acrylic so that I don't get any unwanted teeth movement? Would there be any problems with applying force to just the molars and the canines?

Posted : 06/10/2020 1:46 pm
GenerationDoomer

This is what the device looks like on my impressions. Just wondering what the best course of action would be from here.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/10/2020 3:18 pm