Forum

Please Note: The Users of this site are not engaged in rendering professional advice or services to the individual reader. The ideas, procedures, and suggestions contained within this work are not intended as a substitute for examination by your medical practitioner.

"Short Face Syndrome"  

RSS
Phil343443
(@phil343443)

How can "Short Face Syndrome" be treated besides advancing the mandible and therefore lengthening the chin? Is there any way one can lengthen the mid face to restore facial symmetry, especially when the forehead is enlarged ?  

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/08/2018 4:06 pm
Symere Woods
(@symere-woods)

you need double jaw to fix short face

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/08/2018 11:03 pm
Couda
(@couda)
Eminent Member

Just mouthbreathe to get a longer mid face 😀

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/08/2018 1:58 pm EddieMoney liked
Ayla31
(@ayla31)

I wouldn't mouth breathe, that would just make everything worse.

In John Mew's opinion, people who have short faces rest their tongue between their back teeth:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMowoTx_1zE

Correct tongue position and swallowing function. And be mindful of how you use your facial muscles, if you are clenching, or if you have tension anywhere in your body, since that will affect the bones in the long run. 

I don't know in how much time you will see an improvement, but at least it won't get worse.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/08/2018 2:17 pm
Dominik
(@dominik)
Trusted Member

Lmao... I have this. e_e muh face is short. At first I thought my mandible was small, but apparently its slightly bigger than most other people's who do not have the class II malocclusion issues I have. Funny enough I can turn my class II into a class III by relaxing the jaws and allowing the mandible to slide forwards.... which then makes my maxilla arch too small for the mandible arch to fit in (literally all teeth in the maxilla need to move about 5-6 mm to the side and around 2 mm tot he front)

I got used to constantly pulling the mandible back and up to fit the maxilla. Makes the jaw look weak and shortens the face due to how the teeth are tilted inwards. The bite is on the side, very deep and the teeth don't meet at the right places. 😛 its funny because my bone at the gonial angle compared to other plp is MASSIVE.

Its very likely due to me originally holding my tongue between my back teeth. When my front teeth meet, my back teeth do not...

This post was modified 2 months  ago 3 times by Dominik
ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/08/2018 5:25 am
Share:

As you undergo correction in the near future, please consider keeping records for your own sake and for others. Pictures of dental impressions, scans, medical reports reports can be very helpful even with all personally identifying information blocked out.

Your input could help many, many people

Face Development

Working

Please Login or Register