Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Right vs Left  

RSS
Yusu
 Yusu
Trusted Member

Hello, me again

I have an asymmetry in my jaw. My bite is tilted to the left and I dont know if this causes it. As you can see, my jaw in the left hand side is much mire prominent. It ways alway, even before mewing.

When I tilt my bite to the right, my molars arent symmetrical.

Do you have any ideas whats going on and how to correct this?

Thank you

Posted : 05/10/2019 4:54 am
Topic Tags
Roflcopters
Trusted Member

You have a midline deviation.

Your occlusal plane is tilted.

Your jaws are asymmetric.

Your probably biting and clenching to just One side.

Probably TMJ aswell.

Try this:

Go in the mirror.

Close your teeth.

Slide your lower teeth forward while maintaining contact with the upper arch until you align your jaws and stop. 

Look your mouth in the mirror and observe where your lacking space while on that position.

Did it make sense? 

Anyways. 

You probably have a top on top bite on One side and an underdeveloped mandible on the other. The upper side that hás the top on top needs expansion. The other side probably needs some saggittal growth because the mandible grew further on that side aswell.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/10/2019 7:31 am
Yusu liked
Yusu
 Yusu
Trusted Member

This is very important for me, so thank you. I will fully read and understand this today/tomorrow.

Quick question: Is it important that I chew more on one side?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/10/2019 8:52 am
Yusu
 Yusu
Trusted Member

I also have one missing teeth on the right bottom side (mollar, 46) since 1 year

Does it effect too? Will aj inplantaz help?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/10/2019 8:56 am
Roflcopters
Trusted Member
Posted by: @yusu

I also have one missing teeth on the right bottom side (mollar, 46) since 1 year

Does it effect too? Will aj inplantaz help?

Yeah it does. It causes bone loss and the surrounding teeth tip inwards towards the missing tooth space which messes up the occlusion and relapses both arches.

You shouldnt chew too much there.

Have that tooth replaced asap.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/10/2019 9:16 am
Yusu liked
printfactory
Eminent Member

My jaw looks similar and I found some old x-rays and it showed the ramus at one side was like 1cm shorter than on the other side. I guess that might lead to the tilted occlusal plane?

Anyway, can there be anything done to correct it?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/10/2019 3:43 pm
EddieMoney
Reputable Member

I bite more of my side which is downward grown. I also hold my mandible forward a bit to where the midlines meet. The expansion I have made has helped me correct this a bit. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/10/2019 9:28 pm
Yusu
 Yusu
Trusted Member
Posted by: @roflcopters

Probably TMJ aswell.

Try this:

Go in the mirror.

Close your teeth.

Slide your lower teeth forward while maintaining contact with the upper arch until you align your jaws and stop. 

Look your mouth in the mirror and observe where your lacking space while on that position.

Did it make sense? 

Anyways. 

You probably have a top on top bite on One side and an underdeveloped mandible on the other. The upper side that hás the top on top needs expansion. The other side probably needs some saggittal growth because the mandible grew further on that side aswell.

"You have a midline deviation."

Yes, but I dont know if it is because of the missing teeth or if I had it always. No dentist ever mentioned this and I never needed braces

Thats me with 8 and with 15

It seems that my bite is tilted, do you have an idea how I can fix this? If I adjust my teeth straight, then my left molars arent in contact but my right ones more (still one missing). If I stay in my current position, my left mollars are in contact and my right ones slightly asymmetrical. Dont know whst to do here.

"Your occlusal plane is tilted."

"Tmj"

Can you explain further please? Is it really a whole bone structure thing?

"Your probably biting and clenching to just One side."

Yes and no. As I said, my left mollars are more in contact as the right one, it seems to be inbalanced.

"Look your mouth in the mirror and observe where your lacking space while on that position.

Did it make sense? "

Didnt feel akward or missing space, maybe I did something wrong. For what is this example? 

"You probably have a top on top bite on One side and an underdeveloped mandible on the other. "

Yeah well observed, as I said it seems so. But Idk if it is because of the missing molar.

The thing is, on my more pronounced cheek side (left hand side) my left eye is lower. 

And I think you said thah this point must go higher? If so, then respect, well observed. Or did I unterstand it wrong?

"The upper side that hás the top on top needs expansion. The other side probably needs some saggittal growth because the mandible grew further on that side aswell."

Here a full picture, sorry for my look and quality, it was right before sleep and I was undone.

Whil mewing generelly push your eyes upward or downward? I really dont want my eyes higher, I wish my right eye was in the same position as thr left hand eye.

So after all this, I am still trying to unterstand what is wrong. Ofc no dentisr could help me, I had spoken with them, they say they dont see anomalies. I think its slightly but for me still important.

It would be nice if you or others could analyse what I should do or have. Ofc it is hard via 5 pictures, but I take all help.

Thank you

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/10/2019 10:01 am
Roflcopters
Trusted Member
Posted by: @yusu
Posted by: @roflcopters

Probably TMJ aswell.

Try this:

Go in the mirror.

Close your teeth.

Did it make sense? 

Anyways. 

"You have a midline deviation."

Yes, but I dont know if it is because of the missing teeth or if I had it always. No dentist ever mentioned this and I never needed braces

Thats me with 8 and with 15

It seems that my bite is tilted, do you have an idea how I can fix this? If I adjust my teeth straight, then my left molars arent in contact but my right ones more (still one missing). If I stay in my current position, my left mollars are in contact and my right ones slightly asymmetrical. Dont know whst to do here.

"Your occlusal plane is tilted."

"Tmj"

Can you explain further please? Is it really a whole bone structure thing?

"Your probably biting and clenching to just One side."

Yes and no. As I said, my left mollars are more in contact as the right one, it seems to be inbalanced.

"Look your mouth in the mirror and observe where your lacking space while on that position.

Did it make sense? "

Didnt feel akward or missing space, maybe I did something wrong. For what is this example? 

"You probably have a top on top bite on One side and an underdeveloped mandible on the other. "

Yeah well observed, as I said it seems so. But Idk if it is because of the missing molar.

The thing is, on my more pronounced cheek side (left hand side) my left eye is lower. 

And I think you said thah this point must go higher? If so, then respect, well observed. Or did I unterstand it wrong?

"The upper side that hás the top on top needs expansion. The other side probably needs some saggittal growth because the mandible grew further on that side aswell."

Here a full picture, sorry for my look and quality, it was right before sleep and I was undone.

Whil mewing generelly push your eyes upward or downward? I really dont want my eyes higher, I wish my right eye was in the same position as thr left hand eye.

So after all this, I am still trying to unterstand what is wrong. Ofc no dentisr could help me, I had spoken with them, they say they dont see anomalies. I think its slightly but for me still important.

It would be nice if you or others could analyse what I should do or have. Ofc it is hard via 5 pictures, but I take all help.

Thank you

If i saw a midline deviation any orthodontist willing to treat it will also see it.

Maybe the orthos didnt want to address it because its not something braces Will totally fix and as we all know upper arch expansion in adults is something not every doctor believes or practices.

Im not a professional so dont take what um saying for granted.

From the picture you showed at 8 years old i can tell you already had it.

Your jaws grew asymmetrically because it wasnt fixed when you were young. 

Dont hard mew or bite too much because it will cause more asymetries.

IF you want to Mew, its very important that you align your midlines and memorize a lip seal that also aligns your lips,gently, without biting. Mew with alignment.

Because if you continue mewing while clenching your teeth with that midline deviation youll be  promoting more asymmetry. Ur literally mewing with a tilt. 

It may make you look bad but its the correct way to Mew.

Its hard to go further with observations simply by looking at your face but 

When you align your bite, what happens?

Does the lower jaw go down and right , leaving you with sort of a top on top bite?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/10/2019 1:03 pm
Yusu liked
Yusu
 Yusu
Trusted Member

@roflcopters

I question myself why no dentist ever mentioned this. I asked one dentist one month ago about the asymmetry and she told me it is normal and not an anomaly. Maybe I am interpreting too much into it. But as you said I can clearly see a deviation in my 8 year picture.

When I align my bite (midline to midline) none of my mollars are in contact. JUST my right incisor. Is this normal? Maybe my current position is my normal position and the midline deviation is because of the missing teeth? But that would not explain the 8 years old picture.

And this

"It seems that my bite is tilted, do you have an idea how I can fix this? If I adjust my teeth straight, then my left molars arent in contact but my right ones more (still one missing). If I stay in my current position, my left mollars are in contact and my right ones slightly asymmetrical. Dont know whst to do here."

I think I give you an wrong information. In my current position, booth mollar areas are in contact. I can feel it but I can feel the left one more because the right mollar is still missing. If I go to the right for alignment then just the right one is more in contact.

It still feels a little bit asymmetrical but maybe it is a placebo. I have the top on top bite in my current situation. So can I stay mewing like this? I think the asymmetry even improved, when you look at the 15 years old and the current. Do you see this too?

Thank you very much!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/10/2019 3:27 pm