fbpx
Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Right side of face is more recessed than left

widepalatebros

(18yo male)Recently I have noticed that the right side of my maxilla is more recessed than the left side. Anyone dealing with this same issue? I mainly attribute this to sleeping on my left side. So would sleeping on my right side offset this or would I be better off sleeping on my back?

Topic starter Posted : 12/10/2019 12:04 am
gubbbb liked
ladida

Yes. But vice versa. My left side is more recessed than my right. I kind of know why? I think I "displaced" not sure this is the correct word. The right side of my jaw a bit more from facepulling, so my face is rounder on that side and there is less of an inward curve in the side of my right eye. Sleeping om one side a the time may attribute it? Did you just start to notice this? You may have that assymetry from before. I always try to sleep on my back.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/11/2019 8:56 am
LizzyBennet

I have a more recessed left side. I can think of two reasons why this has happened. I habitually slept on my right side and also chewed only on the right side. The chewing on the right side also pulled my mandible to the right, so that the midline of my lower arch is to the right of the midline of my upper arch. I am now chewing exclusively on the left side and sleeping on my back to see if the asymmetry will correct itself.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/11/2019 9:01 am