Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Reverse mewing = bigger eyes?

Mewingapprentice

When I look at mewing transformations, I ofcourse see a lot of impressive results. But also in some cases you can see that along with the other improvements, the eyes of the person also got smaller and more narrow. Now in my case because my eyes are already small and narrow mewing is maybe not the best idea..

But what would happen if you started mouth breathing a couple hours a day, would that over a long period of time result in bigger eyes? Technically if mewing makes eyes smaller, than the opposite would make them bigger. I know a lot of people might be freaking out over this, and say that you never should start mouth breathing. But.. look at this from a hypothetical point of view, would this with a trade off of a bit longer and flatter face, result in a bigger eyes? 

If so, I think in some cases this could be beneficial for someone facial aesthetics, especially if you start of with a pretty compact face. But i'd really like to hear what everyone thinks of this!

Have a good day and thanks for reading!

Topic starter Posted : 12/02/2020 10:13 am
Oatmeal
Trusted Member

no. just no

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/02/2020 11:13 am
Elwynn
Estimable Member

A bad oral posture can decrease eye support, cause eye bags, and possibly make the eyes look bulgy. If that's what you meant by "bigger eyes", then yeah, maybe you're right. But, I wouldn't recommend playing with your body like that. We know that mouth-breathing is unhealthy for multiple reasons. Don't sacrifice your health in the hope of bigger eyes. Health and beauty should ideally go hand-in-hand. Besides, like I already said, even if becoming a mouth-breather changes your eyes over time, it's unlikely to be the positive effect you're looking for.

24 years old

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/02/2020 11:43 am
EddieMoney
Reputable Member

Bug eyes, not big eyes. Big difference.

Big eyes = eyes take up large space on facial proportions. No scleral show. 

Bug eyes = eyes are not supported by soft tissue, causing scleral show and an overall tired look.

A good example of big eyes that are well supported by both a balance of soft tissue and bones:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/02/2020 3:10 pm
justdoit

You lost me at "...mewing is maybe not the best idea"

But seriously though, one is not the best judge of one's own facial aesthetics (very hard to be objective since nearly everyone have so many preconceptions and insecurities about their own looks).

Also, aesthetics cannot be defined by any one particular feature like "small and narrow eyes". Rather, it's the overall harmony of the face that matters. And I guarantee you that no matter how small and narrow you think your eyes may be, proper Mewing will only improve your overall looks (unless you're a genetic freak of an exceptionally rare 1 in 10 million kind).

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/02/2020 4:08 pm
Slinky
Trusted Member

How big your eyes are is probably genetic. However a maxilla that is set back results in the lower eyelid sagging down giving a tired and unhealthy appearance

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/02/2020 4:17 am
silverfishKapenta

So my chiropractor mentioned Alf Breig's work - who is a Swedish neurosurgeon. According to the blurb on the internet he researched the mechanical function of the nervous system like no others have done before or subsequently. 

I'll let you research on my own, but it has something to do with people with back pain and scar tissue in spine tend to have squinty eyes. If the scar tissue is addressed, then expect the eyes to become brighter, more open. 

I'll let you decide whether this is just a sales pitch of my ABC chiropractor or a reality. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/03/2020 12:03 pm