Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Recommended London / Surrey, UK orthos?  

RSS
ava
 ava

Hi all,

So I'm older, with a recessed / rotated maxilla which I've been trying to fix for years by improving both my tongue and body posture. It does feel like I've made some gains, at the very least in improving my habits and knowing what I have to aim for, but it's time to take this seriously as I'm not getting any younger.

So what I'm looking for is the following:

- A good ortho that is happy to try an appliance based solution on an adult.

- One with experience attempting to protract / rotate an adult's maxilla.

Potentially independently of the above, it also be useful if someone could recommend a suitable imaging technique for my skull, as I'd like to get my hands on a 3D scan (that I can keep) to analyse and decide how best to proceed.

I didn't have much disposable cash previously, so I couldn't get serious about it before now, but if there's a non-surgical (well, minor surgery is fine, but definitely no le fort) way forward, I'd like to give it a go.

A.

Posted : 26/08/2019 4:11 pm