Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Recessed chin 16 year old  

RSS
Silver202

i am 16 years old and have had poor oral posture and maybe general posture my entire life and now have realised that I’ve developed a recessed chin. I recently been mewing but have some questions 

1) how do I know my whole tongue is on the roof? I do the grin and swallow thing but some people say it’s on their airway and I just don’t feel it

2) I’m 16 so could mewing Fox by recessed chin? How long will it take 

3) Is there any exercises  I can do I’ve heard of chin tuck and mealtime anything else, I also bought mastic gum

Thanks for any advice

Posted : 11/04/2019 8:28 am
liamcg

18 year old, been mewing for about 5 months, I think I can help you. 

One of the largest and most difficult hurdles to overcome when starting things like this, especially mewing, is uncertainty. It is difficult to tell whether you are doing anything right, and it can certainly be discouraging at first. 

1.) Do you have a social media or somewhere that I can send you a video? If you have Instagram, message me @liiam.grey and I will show you how to tell. It is difficult at first, and you will likely be unable to breath. I will help you with this as well.

2) Yes, your the bones in your skull never fuse together, not even in adulthood. You will notice minor improvements almost immediately, as oral posture is so so so important for so many things, but the big changes that you strive for will take months and years even. However, within that time, you will notice changes, and there will be constant improvements. So please, never be discouraged. I can send you a video of a man, 19 who completely changed his jaw and bone structure in only 8 months.

3) There are plenty of excersises you can do, not only for mewing but for general facial health. I will compile a list, and post it here. 

There isnt much I can do to answer your questions without showing you, so please get in contact with me because I would like to help you.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/04/2019 11:44 am
Franz

can you also show me the videos ? I dont have instagram unfortunately

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/04/2019 4:31 pm
JeanMacDougall
Eminent Member

id like to see the video too.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/04/2019 10:26 pm
mr.mewing