Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

quick question about swallowing  

RSS
tonguecel

when you swallow, can you seriously FEEL the whole of the tongue pushing on the hard and soft palate?

when i swallow all though my hyoid lifts and i dont use much facial muscles i can only feel the tip of the tongue make contact on the palate. when i mew i can only get half the tongue or so up there

Posted : 20/10/2019 10:58 am
Fred
 Fred
Estimable Member

When I swallow there's a feel pressure begin from the front of my palate to the back. This is why people say that you should make a wave motion or feel a wave-like motion from your tongue. How come you're using facial muscles, how are we gonna fix that? I'll admit it, I barely feel pressure on the soft palate. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/10/2019 6:30 pm
tonguecel
Posted by: @fred

When I swallow there's a feel pressure begin from the front of my palate to the back. This is why people say that you should make a wave motion or feel a wave-like motion from your tongue. How come you're using facial muscles, how are we gonna fix that? I'll admit it, I barely feel pressure on the soft palate. 

The palatoglossus is responsible for elevating the back of the tongue and completing the swallow but theres no one who has any exercises to help this. [Rude Language or Insults are not tolerated]

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/10/2019 4:59 am