Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Questions for EddieMoney  

RSS
harrykanemaxilla
Estimable Member

Hello Eddie. I and many users appreciate the great work you put into the great work. Keep up the great work. Please can you answer the following questions which other users are also free to give their contributions:

1. Can cranial facial dystrophy be noticeably if not fully cured in an 18 year old?

2. Whats your opinion in MSE?

3. How to avoid molar tipping when mewing?

4. You say to let your mandible hang and avoid teeth contact. When I let my mandible loose it comes down and forward so that my mandibular incisors are pushing into the back of my maxillary incisors. Is this bad? Should I fix it by jutting my mandible so that my incisors are ontop of each other in edge to edge?

5. Do you push up with the prosterior third or let it rest on the maxilla?

6. Do you push with the tip of the tongue or just let it rest on the incisive papilla?

7. Can I mew with an inter molar width of 33mm?

Posted : 02/12/2019 6:47 pm
EddieMoney
Reputable Member
Posted by: @harrykanemaxilla

Hello Eddie. I and many users appreciate the great work you put into the great work. Keep up the great work. Please can you answer the following questions which other users are also free to give their contributions:

Thanks for the kind words.

1. Can cranial facial dystrophy be noticeably if not fully cured in an 18 year old?

I would say it depends on the severity of the case and treatment. 

2. Whats your opinion in MSE?

Based on Ronald Ead's n=1 experiment, it seems promising for certain cases (Class 3 maybe)

3. How to avoid molar tipping when mewing?

I don't think that is a concern. Never seen it happen. 

4. You say to let your mandible hang and avoid teeth contact. When I let my mandible loose it comes down and forward so that my mandibular incisors are pushing into the back of my maxillary incisors. Is this bad? Should I fix it by jutting my mandible so that my incisors are ontop of each other in edge to edge?

I don't think incisors or any teeth need to actually touch

5. Do you push up with the prosterior third or let it rest on the maxilla?

Suction hold and pushing the tongue in all directions

6. Do you push with the tip of the tongue or just let it rest on the incisive papilla?

See above

7. Can I mew with an inter molar width of 33mm?

I have done it with 36mm, so why not?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/12/2019 9:53 am
harrykanemaxilla
Estimable Member
Thank you @EddieMoney for replying.

1. I would say it depends on the severity of the case and treatment. 

2. I don't think incisors or any teeth need to actually touch

3. I have done it with 36mm, so why not?

1. My case is severe I believe as I have 33IMW, no wisdom teeth eruption, narrow face, no ogee curve even at an underweight bmi, small lower third (when molars are in contact), long nose.

2. I find it comfortable to let my incisors rest ontop of each other in an edge to edge style but no molar contact. As the chin tuck and good posture doesn't allow much room for my mandible to hang lower.

3. Will the expansion be at the maxillary suture?

Bonus question: I got my braces off in May 2019 I been doing a semi decent job at mewing since then and now my plastic retainers struggle to fit on the molars. Does that show an IMW expansion?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/12/2019 5:07 am