Forum

Please Note: The Users of this site are not engaged in rendering professional advice or services to the individual reader. The ideas, procedures, and suggestions contained within this work are not intended as a substitute for examination by your medical practitioner.

Question about surgery  

RSS
Lobo00
(@lobo00)

Hi everyone, I had a question and I need some opinions.
I was thinking: If I follow the surgery of opening the palatine suture and then use a classic palatal expander or continue to mewing hard, would I get a better expansion and/or growth of the jaw? Compared to mewing without surgery.

Thanks

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/08/2018 1:24 am
EddieMoney
(@eddiemoney)
Honorable Member

I am 32 and expanded significantly without surgery. The suture doesn't close. Surgery is unnecessary. Don't do it 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/08/2018 8:53 am Lobo00 liked
Lobo00
(@lobo00)

After how long have you expanded significantly?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/08/2018 5:26 pm
EddieMoney
(@eddiemoney)
Honorable Member

6 months and 6mm

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/08/2018 10:24 pm
Abdulrahman
(@abdulrahman)
Reputable Member

Hello Lobo,

Can you share some information about your condition, like your inter molar width, the condition of your malocclusion, and what is your goal from expansion? Every case differs and in some cases surgery is really needed. Even Dr. Mew considers that a viable option, but without knowing enough we can't help you. 

name changed from abdul to Abdulrahman

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/08/2018 12:21 am
Avraks
(@avraks)

Eddie, did you achieve that expansion with your tongue, only?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/08/2018 9:32 pm
Share:

As you undergo correction in the near future, please consider keeping records for your own sake and for others. Pictures of dental impressions, scans, medical reports reports can be very helpful even with all personally identifying information blocked out.

Your input could help many, many people

Face Development

Working

Please Login or Register