Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Quad Helix palate expander  

RSS
NotfunnyDidntlaugh

What are your thoughts on this expander?It looks like you can maintain correct tongue position(like ALF or AGGA) while it expands your palate unlike dna appliance or homeoblock that are bulky and acrylic…

Posted : 22/07/2020 2:33 pm
Sergio-OMS
Trusted Member

This is a very classic dentoalveolar expander, a quad-helix.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/07/2020 4:17 pm
NotfunnyDidntlaugh

@sergio-oms

which one do you think is better,quad helix or haas appliance?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/07/2020 4:28 am
Ruoho

Ive actually had this expander when i was 9 years old. I wore it for 2 years and it corrected my crossbite. too bad i wasnt told about proper tongue posture when i stopped wearing it. I remember that it made speaking a bit difficult and i had loads of eating restrictions. It also felt pretty uncomfortable. Those rings also leave a mark in your palate for good.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/07/2020 8:00 am
NotfunnyDidntlaugh

@ruoho

do you think that someone can do mewing with that on his mouth? kind of a difficult answer since you were 9 years old but yes, right? 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/07/2020 8:05 am
Ruoho

@notfunnydidntlaugh

Id say it did a pretty good job. I got lots of forward growth with it but i dont know how much it had expanded my imw. Im going to ask my dentist if i could have the teeth molds back to measure it myself. Im not sure if mewing with that thing in your mouth would feel that comfortable. Id be afraid about hurting my tongue because of of those thin wires. It also looks pretty fragile and id guess it could also irritate the tongue too. Im not sure if its possible to mew with an mse in your mouth but if its possible, then i guess maybe you could mew with the quad helix too.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/07/2020 8:17 am
NotfunnyDidntlaugh

@ruoho 

I hope it is worth buying...Im 17,5 years old so I guess it can do something in my age.In my country we have only that,hyrax,haas,homeoblock and twinblock….

It wouldn't feel that comfortable but still it would be possible, I guess...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/07/2020 8:31 am
NotfunnyDidntlaugh

@ruoho

You needed braces to correct the bite,right ? 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/07/2020 10:32 am
mr.mewing
Estimable Member

i think you need more force at an older age

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/07/2020 11:15 am
NotfunnyDidntlaugh

@mr-mewing

So which palate expander should i get  something like hyrax or haas or schwartz? 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/07/2020 11:35 am
Ruoho

@notfunnydidntlaugh

yes. But like mr.mewing said, i dont think quad helix has enough force. In my country, they would use the RME appliance for people your age.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/07/2020 12:32 pm
Sergio-OMS
Trusted Member
Posted by: @notfunnydidntlaugh

@sergio-oms

which one do you think is better,quad helix or haas appliance?

It would depend on the age of the patient, the problem and the purpose.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/07/2020 5:07 pm
NotfunnyDidntlaugh

@sergio-oms

Is haas expander for rapid palatal expansion?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/07/2020 10:12 am
Sergio-OMS
Trusted Member
Posted by: @notfunnydidntlaugh

@sergio-oms

Is haas expander for rapid palatal expansion?

You know it is... but it that doesn’t mean it necessarily works

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/07/2020 11:48 am
mr.mewing
Estimable Member

@notfunnydidntlaugh hyrax would work i think

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/07/2020 5:08 pm