Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Pushing sideways with the tongue.  

RSS
mateogon

I recently discovered you can flatten your tongue making it push into the teeth in each side. Is this recommended?

Posted : 03/09/2019 12:05 am
Kyte
 Kyte
Estimable Member

Hi,

no, you shouldn't push into the teeth. The tongue has to stay above them , on the alveolar ridges

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/09/2019 7:04 am
mr.mewing
Estimable Member

nope

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/09/2019 7:06 am
mateogon

@kyte

oh , so pushing sideways into the alveolar ridge would be good then?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/09/2019 8:43 am
johndoe1225

I have to force my tongue up there though so there is some pressure on my teeth to make room

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/09/2019 11:23 am
krollic
Reputable Member

@johndoe1225

that's fine. it's not like you have an alternative

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/09/2019 11:58 am
Kyte
 Kyte
Estimable Member

Yes, gently and evenly apply pressure on the whole palate but do not touch the teeth if you can. Otherwise, depending on your age and case, you should consider to get a palatal ( probably skeletal) expander. 

Don't get mad about "mewing", by the way . Don't think to much about it. It has to be natural , not forced.

This may help:

https://youtu.be/eItZ57rAhNQ

She says there shouldn't be air space in the mouth.

Basically if you correctly and  entirely fill your mouth with the tongue, you SHOULDN'T BE ABLE TO MOUTHBREATH and the same time be able to breath through the nose

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/09/2019 1:49 pm