Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Proper techniques to keep lips sealed?

paradise
Eminent Member

We all know the importance of lip seal -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t36ApJIktco

What techniques have you found to be helpful to keep your lips sealed throughout the day and night, and how strong of a seal is proper?

Topic starter Posted : 24/06/2018 4:30 pm
krollic
Reputable Member

In my case I've always had a lip seal but it was using my lip muscles a bit because I had my teeth slightly apart. I feel like a proper seal involves almost zero work from your lips. If you don't have a malocclusion and keep your teeth together I think proper lip seal is  likely very easy to achieve. I can't speak to other circumstances. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/06/2018 2:38 am
paradise
Eminent Member

What about when sleeping? During the day my lips are together but I've always noticed I drooled growing up in my sleep so I definitely have bad lip seal at night. Any alternatives other than lip taping?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 25/06/2018 2:57 am
skethoskope

My goodness, i only just realized the importance of this. been neglecting lip seal for 3 years now, no wonder i have no results

Measuring Lip Seal & Its Effect on Direction of the Facial Growth by Prof John Mew - YouTube

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/04/2021 2:45 pm
TheTheoristMan

Work on your lip strength by pronouncing the letter p, and holding your lips together as if you were to spit something out.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/05/2021 9:39 pm