Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Problems while swallowing, please I need help.  

RSS
TheKing669

Ok I will explain to you how I swallow and you tell me if it's correct.
-First, I want to let you know that I do this without having any air inside of my mouth:
1) The first thing that I do is that I back down my tongue a little bit, to this spot: https://imgur.com/a/8YzvgjC
2) I put the tip of my tongue down to gather the saliva
3) I swallow

My problem:
-When I swallow that way, I feel like my lips are being sucked/attracted backwards, I feel the same about my teeths too. I feel like they are both being attracted and sucked backwards. Also a weird thing is that the "floor" of my mouth gets attracted upwards when I swallow. => Here, a picture that would help you to understand what I mean: https://imgur.com/a/xEe3QtB (The red colored area is the "floor of my mouth" that I am talking about, it goes upwards whenever I swallow, it actually sorta helps me to not get my tongue be in contact with my front teeths). What I call "the floor of my mouth" => https://imgur.com/a/KP1wiI0
So granted, the problems that I encouter while swallowing are: 1) My cheeks get sucked in 2) My lips gets sucked/attracted inwards and it pushes my front teeths.

Thanks in advance for your help! <3

Posted : 27/10/2019 5:40 pm
Topic Tags
Fred
 Fred
Estimable Member

When I swallow I skip that part of the bottom of my mouth. Because you have to do it quickly. I guess you're just gonna have to train yourself to not use them. Do the cheesy smile swallow. Punish yourself everytime you get it wrong. Try to change the position of your tongue and lips.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/10/2019 10:09 pm
ShaktiOm
Trusted Member

@theking699

Same thing happens to me when I do the tongue sweep and swallow. It seems to go hand-in-hand with creating the necessary vacuum that pulls the saliva up onto the tongue. One way to avoid it if you want to, is to drop the back of your tongue down off the soft palate, but I find it impossible to scoop up the saliva this way, because dropping the back of my tongue makes the vacuum disappear.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/10/2019 5:20 pm
Loliboly
Estimable Member

@TheKing669

I too was concerned about this when I started mewing. Later however, I realised that a title bit of pressure against the front teeth is part of correct oral posture. See this thread for further details: https://the-great-work.org/community/main-forum/the-lip-seal-thread/#post-22076

Regarding your cheeks: Do you feel them being sucked in while collecting saliva or when swallowing?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/11/2019 9:11 am
TheKing669

@loliboly

I do have a recessed chin and I am afraid that the force of the suction (that makes my lips get sucked in) will make it worse in some way. Thanks for your answer! I am glad that this is ends up to not be an issue 🙂

About my cheeks: My cheeks gets sucked in while collecting the saliva (due to the vaccum in my mouth that makes me able to collect the saliva with my tongue). My cheeks doesn't get sucked in when I swallow, actually -swallowing releases the vaccum in my mouth and it makes my cheeks not being sucked in.

=> So granted, do you think that I am swallowing correctly? 
Thanks in advance for your answer!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/11/2019 6:09 pm
TheKing669

@shakti_om

So, what is the solution? :/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/11/2019 6:10 pm
TheKing669

@fred

The problem with the cheesy swallow is that I can't gather the saliva with my tongue only without any vaccum in my mouth, I watched both of Dr.Mew's videos about it and I still can't do it after several tries.

Also, what do you mean by "When I swallow I skip that part of the bottom of my mouth" please? I don't really see what you are talking about 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/11/2019 6:30 pm
ShaktiOm
Trusted Member

@theking669

Sorry for the late reply. I think the sensations you are feeling are normal. For me it got less intense overtime and/or I just got used to it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/11/2019 9:24 am