Forum

NOTICE:

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Pressure in nose while mewing  

RSS
D. Frank
(@d-frank)

Hey everyone.

I've previously made a post about feeling pressure in different areas of my skull while mewing, but now it seems to be exclusively in my nose.

This worries me quite a bit since i already have a huge nose, and now it literally feels like i have growing pains in my nose all day (insert frightened smiley lol)

Can anyone please let me know what this is about. I'm 21 y/o male 3 weeks into mewing.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/12/2018 10:55 am
sebastian
(@sebastian)
Eminent Member
Posted by: D. Frank

Hey everyone.

I've previously made a post about feeling pressure in different areas of my skull while mewing, but now it seems to be exclusively in my nose.

This worries me quite a bit since i already have a huge nose, and now it literally feels like i have growing pains in my nose all day (insert frightened smiley lol)

Can anyone please let me know what this is about. I'm 21 y/o male 3 weeks into mewing.

You might be doing, what i did wrong. Are you only applying pressure upwards, and not forwards too? Try to open your mouth when mewing, if it looks like your tongue drops down a bit, you're doing it wrong. What helped me is sucking with the tongue on the roof of the mouth without using your cheek muscles.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/12/2018 2:09 pm
D. Frank
(@d-frank)

Hey Sebastian.

Thanks for replying. I believe i might just be doing it wrong. This very morning i watched a new video from Dr mew about really engaging the post third of the tongue. I realized that the sensation of using the front 2/3 of your tongue seems to come in my mouth, but when i engage the furthest back part of my tongue, i sort of have to ''flex'' my neck and it pops up there. 

Before i was indeed mostly applying pressure in the front of the mouth pushing up and also a little forward.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/12/2018 7:54 am
Share:

As you undergo correction in the near future, please consider keeping records for your own sake and for others. Pictures of dental impressions, scans, medical reports reports can be very helpful even with all personally identifying information blocked out.

Your input could help many, many people

Face Development

Working

Please Login or Register