NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

PLZ STOP IT!stop this nonsense about pituitary gland being affected by maxilla  

RSS
Dimitrelos300

Stop it!seriously stop it its ridiculous.I needed to take a big break about the amount of stress the discussion here about pituitary gland caused me 6 months ago.Are there any educated or decent iq people here to understand how vital is pituitary gland for our life.Our pituitary gland is ACTIVE ALL THE TIME.It relases hormones controlling our blood pressure and everything in our body.If it stops working,we die.No,it doesnt get stimulated by sphenoid bone neither by swallow we would be dead if it was the case.A condition when putuitary gland is underactive and when it doesnt releases enough of one or more hormones is called hipopituitarism and it is rare.VERY RARE.Only 500 in 1 million of people are estimated to have it.Those are the people who have less than normal growth hormone for example.Also growth hormone is important not only for height but also for our everyday life.Myofunctional sites claiming that incorrect swallow stimulate the pituitary gland to release growth hormones. Broscience.I dont know why they spread misinformation but i think they want to attract more poeple in orthotropics or myofunctional therapy.They say true things but this is absolutelly ridiculous.As i said before the sphenoid bone doesnt rotate and it doesnt affect the function of pituitary gland.half of the population have wrong swallow and vertical grown faces and underactive pituitary gland as i said before is very very rare.Also,NO the sphenoid bone isnt responsible for adequate blood circulation in pituitary as some craniofacial dentist sites claim.A condition when not enough blood is on the pituitary is known(i dont rememner the name) and is characterised by PAIN.Lot of pain and nausea and is considered deadly and of cource much much more rare than hipopituitarism.So in my opinion after a total of 20 hours of research ßome months ago i want to say that in all trusted health sites there is nonreltion about craniogacial bones and pituitary function.These are theories and broscience.I assume myofunctional and orthotropics site along with many true things they say about attractiveness and sleep apnea they put the pituitary gland myth inside to attract more people into their practises.The bad thing is that they falsely demonstrate whta they say about 'milking pituitary gland'or 'making it more active'
The fact is that in some people it makes sense do you know why?
Because in most of the times healthy people who play sports and exrcise with optimised hormones will have unconciously better losture thus better maxilla and better developed faces.However the usual people who spend many times on computer and dont exercise will develop bad posture and inadequate hormones.But this is a result of lifestyle and not a relationshop between posture and pituitary function.What else should i tell?About the top elite sprinters full of growth hormone and testosterone which have average developed faces.They might appear to have good jawline though due to superior hormone production whicb burns fat in the body.
To summarise up,I think this discussion should end and people with narrow faces and poor homrones must understand their pituitary gland is worked perfectly(normal) like 99%of the population and the lack of their energy is because of their poor lifestyle which might also caused bad posture.Thats what i wanted to say.Also the fun thing is that in a study of ncbi rapid maxxilary expansion in patients caused no changes at sphenoid bone.You get it?not only sphenoid itself doesnt affect the pituitary gland at alla but also neither posture might affects other crabifacial bones in the cranium.Bones are connected with each other and only a bad damage in the head can cause missalingment to them.Not open mouth posture definetelly.

Posted : 03/05/2019 8:41 am
almighty liked
Silberman

Do you have any science that supports your claims?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/05/2019 11:34 am
Dimitrelos300

What science is needed for this.Do you have even a bit of medical knowledge.Pituitary gland cant work average or decent.It works properly or it is underactive.Underactive pituitary gland is sth very rare 500 in 1 million of people happen.Before you talk do some research search hypopituitarism and notice the people around you.If you want to increase growth hormone go lift weights

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/05/2019 11:53 am
darkindigo
Reputable Member

They’re talking about airway (if they’re honest). Insufficient air means underdevelopment. We grow at night. Designing faces for airway makes sense.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/05/2019 11:57 am
Jawanomics
Eminent Member

So people actually think mewing will make them release more HGH? New levels of reaching for this forum.

Mewing potentially can make your palate a bit wider and maxilla a bit more forward....no miracles.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/05/2019 11:59 am
darkindigo
Reputable Member

I have no idea how it relates to the pituitary glad. I will second and third and fourth... that 99.9% of Mewing is broscience. LOL I love that term and am going to steal it. 😉

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/05/2019 11:59 am
Dimitrelos300

At least some logical people.There are even blogs from apparently serious people talking about mewing and creating conspiracy theories like
'When the tongue rest at the roof of the mouth, all
our health problems solved.Lool😂 i agree mewing will have some benefit on posture but being healthy is a big thing.If they are refdering to sleep apnea and underdevelopment then ok

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/05/2019 12:04 pm
Greensmoothies
Estimable Member

According to this study, the currently estimated prevalence rates of hypopituitarism from TBI is from 15 to 90%. And TBI isn't rare and may set the stage for other pathologies.

Light stimulates the pituitary gland (so be mindful of what light first hits your eyes in the morning). And what else? I'd love to find out how what Joyce Moeller says about the pituitary is wrong. Because it's the best explanation for what I experienced that I've encountered. We can only speculate if myofunctional therapists such as Joyce and craniosacral therapists, etc are merely attempting to pull more clientele with these theories of tongue posture, maxilla and/or sphenoid bone position and their potential effect on the pituitary.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/05/2019 2:09 pm
Greensmoothies
Estimable Member

Also melatonin, the so-called darkness hormone, an important anti-oxidant, turns off hormone secretion from the pituitary, so it doesn't seem like it's ACTIVE ALL THE TIME as OP claims? Or at least ought not to be through observing correct sleep hygiene which the linked article outlines.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/05/2019 2:57 pm
Dimitrelos300

You get it too far.Firstly the study of ncbi doesnt change the fact that wikipedia refers that about 45 people out of 100.000 experience hypopituitarism.Do you know how many people have bad maxilla and swallowing?I dont care the conspiracy theorie of an unscientific myofunctional therapy about pituitary gland.The fact that myofunctional sites refer that the swallow activates the pituitary gland to release hormones is ridiculous and expose what people does for money and even worse doing a false explanation.The pituitary gland is active all the time because it controls our blood pressure.I dont care what an article about light is saying.If you dont believe me watch some elite sprinters which has the highest testosterone levls and growth hormone from all the athletes.You can see many of them have horseface.Also i was 1.86 1 year ago i had a tongue thrust swallow.The reason you believe this nonsense about pituitary gland and maxilla is because athletic people usually have good hormones as well as maxxilas due to good posture.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/05/2019 3:40 pm
Dimitrelos300

Joyce moeller talks about parotid gland not pituitary.It also talk about adhd.Do you know how many people with square faces have adhd.Nothing about maxilla

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/05/2019 3:51 pm
Dimitrelos300

All the sites talking about pituitary gland activation from sphenoid bone are only myofunctional sites.Hypothalamus only signals pituitary.Good on valid sites and leave broscience

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/05/2019 4:02 pm
Progress
Member Moderator

You might be misinterpreting the notion that "CFD may cause pituitary dysfunction" as "CFD equals pituitary dysfunction". It's worth noting that the same study about the prevalence of hypopituitarism you refer to mentions that in every tenth case of hypopituitarism, no cause could be identified. This means that in order to explain every case of hypopituitarism, one would have to venture beyond conventional medical knowledge. Whether or not maldevelopment of the cranium could result in such dysfunction, I don't know, but it doesn't seem impossible.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/05/2019 4:17 pm
Greensmoothies
Estimable Member

My belief has nothing to do with your personal pet theory. If I had to speculate, elite sprinters with "horseface" simply never learnt at the breast how to maintain correct tongue and body posture. And this is just my suspicion, but I believe runners are especially damaged by a failure to maintain good tongue and body posture when running, possibly due to the forces exerted while running.

Right under the figure you cited on wikipedia is discussion of the newer science linking higher estimated rates of TBI with comorbid hypopituitarism. According to the aforementioned study, Traumatic brain injury (TBI) is the most common cause of death and disability in young adults living in industrialised countries, with approximately 25% patients showing one or more pituitary hormone deficiencies.

Bone is piezoelectric. And for example, the pineal gland? Piezoelectric, and in principal responding to electrical or mechanical changes.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/05/2019 4:27 pm
Dimitrelos300

Yes but you forgot sth.Those who claim about craniofacial bones affecting pituitary gland say it happens with ways that cant stand scientifically.Myofunctional sites claim the sphenpid bone rotate to secret pituitary gland hormones.I agree that there is evidence that cranium bones never fuse but it is known as a fact that sphenoid bone only protects pituitary and does nothing.Hypothalamus does alla the work.And understand that people who have bad posture and maxxilas will propably have bad hormones but its not bacause the pituitary is affected by the cranium bones but because of unhealthy lifestyle.There are many elite sprinters with melting faces.Search jimmy vicaut a very muscular athletes with too kuch perfect optimised hormones.Look at his face

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/05/2019 4:27 pm
Dimitrelos300

You talk too much complicated to hide your stupid logic.Firstly elite sprinters cant have pituitarism because they are athletes and tbeir hormone is superb.Look at their physique testisterone on the roof.Many of them have poor posture which means with your logic that their pituitary gland isnt active as it should an YET THEY PRODUCE MORE GROWTH HORMONE AND TESTOSTERONE THAT 99% OF THE POPULATION.Rough estomation.After that tell me why you still believe maxilla affects the pituitary gland.Also,the ncbi study you showed at the conclusion it still summerises that hypopiyuitarism is happening at 45 to 100.000 people.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/05/2019 4:33 pm
Greensmoothies
Estimable Member

I never speculated that elite sprinters have low hormones due to poor body and tongue posture. I mentioned potential biomechanical reasons for these "horseface" sprinters.

TBI with comorbid hypopituitarism was mentioned because you ignored the research about it and I thought it was relevant. And I still happen to believe the theory that Joyce Moeller discussed in the interview I linked.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/05/2019 4:58 pm
Dimitrelos300

Man,you said that you never said that sprinters have bad hormones due to tongue posture.(Actually their bodt posture is good)Anyway.Then why this discussion is happening?I am just claiming bad tongue and body posture wont affect your piyuitary gland and it can secrete hormones properly and i mentioned as a result a nice physique class of athletes to illustrate that exercise and diet affects hormones pituitary releases and the quantities and not the maxilla.We might say the same thing.I dont understand the studies you sent me.I know it is very rare your pituitary not to function normally and many people with good craniofacial development might have hypopituitarm.What is wromg with that?I know a close friend in my high school that lacks growth hormone and his face its normal developed.Plz say what you have to sau more simple and with logic.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/05/2019 5:07 pm
Greensmoothies
Estimable Member

So I believe that a sprinter could have a "horseface" for biomechanical reasons eg: a lack of breastfeeding, and possibly due to the forces of the sprinting not being counterbalanced by correct tongue posture (my speculation). Hope this is clear?

You mention exercise (except myofunctional exercise, presumably) and diet being solely what controls the release of hormones from the pituitary and the quantity thereof (actually not true, see the previous link about light).

It's entirely possible to have a nice physique with a trashed hormone profile.

Look, I'm very sorry this subject has caused you stress and I don't know how I can further clarify things. It's a complex topic with new science emerging.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/05/2019 5:44 pm
Dimitrelos300

You cant have a good physique with thrash horkonal profile.if you lack testosterone(specifically free) your physique goal including notable leeaness and muscularity will be impaired.Testosterone significantly influences the physique.There is no new science you are just paranoic.You talked about lighg.Did i mentioned light?I talked about that a man with bad maxilla doesnt necessarily has underactive pituitary gland.You have a very big idea about yourself.You are not a science.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/05/2019 5:51 pm
Greensmoothies
Estimable Member

Possible example of having a good physique with a trashed hormone profile are those that get their good physiques from an indoor gym, thereby extensively exposing themselves to light our body and eyes aren't designed for.

I have a big idea about myself? You deny things you don't understand. I'm open to being proven wrong. A man with a bad maxilla doesn't necessarily have an under-active pituitary. Okay... and? I never said that hypopituitaryism = CFD.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/05/2019 6:07 pm
Dimitrelos300

Man...Can you do me a favour.it is night in my country i need to go to sleep.Your sayings are very mysterious.Light, physique.Can you message me on messenger.I actually dont know if you troll me but i want to discuss with you.How to contact you?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/05/2019 6:16 pm
Greensmoothies
Estimable Member

No time for hand-holding, sorry. But thanks for the discussion and I hope your stress-levels lower soon, perhaps the articles on light will help!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/05/2019 8:13 pm